Slider Revolution Video Glitches

Hi, we’re see a couple of funky issues with Revolution slider that I was hoping y’all could advise us on. We have the slider set to play a video and loop it.

1. On iPhones, the video title comes up. I’m not able to replicate the issue on my Samsung, so I think it’s specific to iPhone. How can I hide this?

2. We have the video set to loop. However, at the end of the video it quickly flashes like previews for more videos on Youtube, before looping. Is there a way to fix this?

I have videos of the issues if you need them. I am unable to upload here.

Hello @ranchhouse,

Thanks for writing to us.

In order to help you with your concern, please share your details in a secure note. Please provide the following details

• WordPress Login URL
  • Admin level username and password
  • Exact page URL

You can find the Secure Note button at the bottom of your posts

Thanks

Hi @ranchhouse,

Thanks for providing all the details!

I can confirm that there’s a flash/blink like previews for more video on Youtube using smartphones. I suggest that you added your text in the Global layers then create at least 2 sliders with the transition so that it will help you not to show the flash/blink.

Hope that helps.

Thank you.

Hi, thanks so much for the information. I set up a global layer. I didn’t realize I could do this. That was a great tip and I used your suggestion of making the text a global layer. I also tried setting up a second slider and experimented with the transition settings. Do you have any ideas on what the issue might be? Thanks so much for your help!

Hi @ranchhouse,

Can you please let us know what exact problem you are having with transition settings in the Second slider, so we can check and comment on it?

Thanks

Sorry about that. The video in the second slider doesn’t play. Do you know why that might be?

Hello @ranchhouse,

It turns out that you have not enabled the “Loop Media” option in the Slide Options > Background > Youtube Settings.

Please check your slider now.

Hi, thanks so much. I see that its playing now. However, when I view the video header on my phone, I still see the original problem I had. It flashes a preview of another video before replaying. Is there a way to get rid of that?

Hi @ranchhouse,

I have checked your website on mobile devices but didn’t find the issue you specified in your comment. Can you please provide any screenshot marked with the issue or any video that helps us to recognize the problem?

Thanks

Hi, yes, here is a gif I made of the issue from my phone. You will see it flashes a preview of another video before it starts playing again.

Hey There,

I’ve tried to replicate this on an iPhone running the latest software in safari and wasn’t able to see the issue. Could you please let me know the exact iPhone model and browser and OS version? This seems to be specific to a certain setup and therefore more complicated to troubleshoot.

Hey, we’ve actually replicated this issue on multiple devices. I am seeing the issue on my Samsung Galaxy 8. It’s Android Version 9. And then my co-worker also is seeing the problem on her iPhone 8. Her OS is Version 14.4.

I am also seeing a flash on my desktop, Windows 10 computer.

Hey @ranchhouse,

I also couldn’t replicate the issue. No title is coming up and video is looping seamlessly. No flashing. I tested on:

1. Latest Windows and Chrome and Firefox browsers
  2. My Note 5 with Android 7 and latest Chrome and Firefox
  3. a friend’s iPhone 8, not sure of the OS and Safari version though.

Since we couldn’t replicate, regretfully, there is nothing for us to troubleshoot.

Please try the following:

1. Clear all caches in your browser.
  2. If that doesn’t work, reinstall your browsers.

Thanks.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.