Slider Revolution file not found after deleting old (inactive) Revolution Slider plugin

Hi, hoping you can help. We were cleaning up a site today and deleting some old, inactive plugins. At this time we deleted the old (inactive) Revolution Slider plugin finally. However when we did that the slider on the home page disappeared. I am assuming that our Avada theme was using the slider created with the old plugin. Is there a way to find that old slider so we don’t have to recreate it?

Hope that was clear :slight_smile:

Hello, @MegHughes,

Thanks for writing to us.

You reinstall the Revolution Slider plugin from our bundled plugin for that you need to go to the X—>Validation —>Scroll down to the Extension —>Click on the Install button to install the Revolution Slider plugin. Please have a look at the given screenshot below.

Hope it helps
Thanks

Hi, thanks for the reply. I’ll clarify my question. The newer plugin is installed and we have been using it. The older plugin was inactive. However, when we deleted the old plugin, the slide that was created with it also disappeared. And now no slides are available to display.

Hello @MegHughes,

To better assist you with your issue, kindly provide us access to your site so that we can check your settings. Please create a secure note with the following info:
– Link to your site
– WP login URL
– WP username
– WP password
– WP Administrator Role
- Confirmation that we can access and make changes to your site

To know how to create a secure note, please check this out: How The Forum Works

Best Regards.

Hello @MegHughes,

The given credentials in the secure note do not work for us.
Please double-check it.

Thanks.

Changed the password to something a little more readable

Hello @MegHughes,

Your site is using the Avada theme. Did you happen to remove the X theme? I also checked the Slider Revolution and there is no slider created with it. What is the name of the previous slider?

Best Regards.

I am not sure why you are asking about the X theme. I am not using the X theme, although I believe I purchased it for another site. My problem here is with the Slider Revolution and its previous version - Revolution Slider. This site was created a number of years ago, and a home page slider was created with the old Revolution Slider. Updates came and went and Revolution Slider turned into Slider Revolution which was then activated on the site. We did not create a new slider with this change, we used the one that was created with the old Revolution Slider plugin. Yesterday, doing some long needed cleanup on the site, we deleted the inactive Revolution Slider plugin which apparently was accessible even though the slider plugin itself was inactive. When we deleted the plugin the access to the slider that was created with it disappeared. I do not know what the name of the slider is/was - probably either “slider 1” or “home page slider.” Something like that.
Can you tell me where the data for the old slider is stored so perhaps I can find it and use it now? I’m just not excited about re-creating it.
Thanks.

Thank you for your help. We decided to restore the site using a previous backup which has solved the problem. However, we would still like to be able to access the slider created with the old version of the plugin and use it with the new version. If we reactivated the old version of the plugin is there a way to export the slider?

Hello, @MegHughes,

I checked your site, it seems that there is no slider in the dashboard. It seems that it has been deleted so there is no option to get it back. In case if you have database backup you can restore the database and then check it again.

I notice that you are using the Avada theme please note that we don’t provide any third-party theme support. It is out of the support scope.

Thanks for understanding

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.