Slider revolution element not functioning, Other set up functions not available

Hi there,
I deleted the revolution slider on my homepage but need to reactivate it.

1. I’ve followed your documentation instructions but without success. Not sure if I have inadvertently changed a setting that has caused this. When I click on elements > Slider Revolution it doesn’t open. The screenshots in your documentation are not replicated in my cornerstone page.
  2. Also, content set up functions etc. that were available on the right of the screen have also disappeared,
    Can you please jump in and help me solve this?
    I will send secure login details. Thanks very much.
    Angela

Hello @angelahoskins,

Thanks for writing to us.

You need to share the Username and Password as well in the secure note. You have shared the only password in the secure note.

It might be the issue of cache or any plugin conflict. I would suggest you troubleshoot with a few of the common issues before we investigate your settings.

1. Testing for Plugin Conflict
  2. CSS/JS Customization
  3. Version Compatibility
  4. Disabling Cache

If it doesn’t work for you, please share your details in a secure note. Please provide the following details

• WordPress Login URL
  • Admin level username and password
  • Exact page URL

You can find the Secure Note button at the bottom of your posts

Thanks

Hi there, thanks and apologies for not sending all the details in the previous secure note. I will resend the secure note.
I have troubleshooted the settings you suggested but without any change to my issue.
Thanks again for your help.
Angela

Hey Angela,

Thanks for providing the information. Be advised that the Classic Revolution Slider element will not display any preview in the builder.

It will display on the live view of the page.

Hope this helps.

Yes thanks, it helps a lot.
But there’s another issue with my slider which is created using only ONE slide , created to be a single banner.
If you look at the page, the banner is static, behind the lower content which is scrolling over the banner.

Can you please tell me how to fix this please?
Cheers, Angela

Hey Angela,

The issue is on your “Homepage Single Slide” slider. You have enabled the “Fixed on Top” option in your slider layout settings.

Disabling it should resolve the slider issue. If you want the slider below the navbar with no space in between, the slider should be assigned in the Slider Settings: Below Masthead page meta box in the URL in the secure note below as well.

One thing to note though, just do not forget that you have modified the framework/views/global/_navbar.php file in which you have added the slider below in the code.

Kindly let us know how it goes.

Thanks a million for your help.
Yes, disabling the Fixed on Top option in Slider Revolution has solved my main issue.
I am still trying to work out how to eliminate the space between the RevSlider and the navigation header.
I have made attempts without success.

I am a bit perplexed with your comment: ’ One thing to note though, just do not forget that you have modified the framework/views/global/_navbar.php file in which you have added the slider below in the code.’ I can’t recall doing this! But I do want the slider to display below the global navigation, just without any space. I am still working on this.

Thanks again. :slight_smile:

Hey Angela,

If you go to your Appearance > Theme Editor and load the wp-header.php file, you can see that you have modified the header file as I have indicated in my screenshot in the previous reply. It is best that you delete the wp-header.php and _navbar.php files in your child theme.

And lastly, edit your homepage, remove the section with the slider and then apply the slider using the steps mentioned in this documentation:

Hope this makes sense.

Hi!
I am not getting anywhere with this issue, unfortunately.
I deleted the two files in the child theme as you suggested but this broke the whole design (screenshot below).

BTW, I didn’t create these files … I am updating the design of a website created using X in 2016 (I think) and the previous developer added these files to the child theme. The theme hadn’t been updated until I recently stepped in. I’ve reworked only the child css.

Adding the revolution slider to Slider Settings: Below Masthead (see screenshot) displays the slide ABOVE the navigation on the homepage.

I’ve tried different setting options (second screenshot) but the slider is displayed either: above the masthead; twice - above and below the masthead; or not all. Currently my homepage is without the slider even though it is set in Cornerstone.

I do understand that the navbar.php or wp-header.php are likely to be causing problem but I do not have php skills to fix.

Any ideas? I will send login details in case you can investigate. Thanks!

Hey Angela,

We have checked your site again and move the necessary template files in the correct folder location into your child theme. It seems everything is in order now.

Please check your site again.

Hi and thanks!
I can’t thank you enough … your assistance has been SO appreciated.
Cheers,
Angela

You’re most welcome,

Cheers!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.