Slider Revolution Breaking Backend Editor of Two of My Three Sites on Theme X. Third Site Is Fine

Hi,

Slider revolution is breaking backend editor of two of my three sites on theme X. Third site is fine.

I am unable to think of any reason for this strange behavior.

Any idea?

G B Singh

Hello G B Singh,

Thanks for writing to us.

It might be the issue of version compatibility issue, I would suggest you please make sure your theme, plugins, WordPress version, and the PHP version is updated as per our version compatibility page. I would also recommend you please purge all the cache and then check it again if it doesn’t work for you, I would suggest you troubleshoot with a few of the common issues before we investigate your settings.

1. Testing For Theme Related Issue
  2. Testing For Plugin Conflict
  3. Theme Update
  4. Child Theme
  5. Css/Js Customization
  6. Increasing Php Memory Limit
  7. Disabling Cache
  8. Disabling Cdn
  9. Permalinks
  10. Version Compatibility

If none of those work, It would be best if you could copy your live website to your staging area. and send your details in a secure note so that we can investigate your setting without breaking your live site. Please provide the following details

• WordPress Login URL
  • Admin level username and password
  • FTP Details

You can find the Secure Note button at the bottom of your posts

Thanks

Hi Prakash,

Thanks for replying!

I checked everything you suggested, but the problem is still the same.

G B Singh

Hi G B Singh,

If you are still facing the issue, we need to check that through the WordPress admin dashboard. As suggested by my colleague please copy your live site to a staging server so we could troubleshoot freely without breaking your live site.
And give us access to the secure note including:

– WordPress Site URL & Login URL
– WordPress Admin username/password

To create a secure note, click the key icon underneath any of your posts.

Thanks

Hi tristup,

Can’t it be done on the live site? Creating a staging site will take a hell of a lot of time!

G B Singh

Hi G B Singh,

We don’t mostly avoid investigating on the live site. I would suggest you create the staging site or you can take a backup of the live site and let us know for further investigation.

Thanks

Thanks for allowing, tristup! I have taken my backups.

G B Singh

Hi G B Singh,

I have checked both of your sites and found the default editor and the Cornerstone both are working fine. If you are still facing the same issue, please check once by clearing all types of cache and check in the incognito/private mode of the browser. If that does not help, please provide any screenshot marked with the issue or any video that helps us to recognize what exactly you are seeing.

Thanks

Hi tristup,

Thanks for your reply!

Issue is still there and it is exactly it was. I am linking 2 screenshots of a post in my backend editor (visual edit mode, not text or cornerstone), one with Revolution Slider activated and the other with Revolution Slider deactivated. You will yourself be able to check the difference.

G B Singh

Hello Gurbachan,

We cannot get passed this authorization screen:

See the secure note below.

You may need to send us the username and password for this Authorization form as well.

Thank you in advance.

Hi ruenel, tristup already had username and password for both sites! Anyway, I am sending it again to you.

G B

Hi Gurbachan,

I have checked the post link and understand the difference between the output while Slider Revolution is active and inactive. I went ahead, and deactivated all the plugins except the Cornerstone, Slider Revolution, and the Classic Editor and the post worked perfectly fine. It means any of the deactivated plugin is the reason behind your issue. I would suggest you activate the plugin one by one to find which is the reason behind your issue.

Please remember that we don’t offer any support or investigation on the 3rd Party plugin or related issues.

Thanks

Hi Gurbachan,

By withdrawing the post, I believe you already have resolved the issue. If the issue still existed, you can let us know.

Thanks.

Hi tristup, It’s another plugin that seems to be in conflict with Slider Revolution. So either of the two doesn’t give any problem if used alone.

But then, how come both of these are there on another X Theme site of mine and there is no such problem on that site?

G B Singh

Hi Gurbachan,

It will be very difficult to say about that why the problem is happening at this website only. But if you have recognized the plugin, I would suggest you contact the Plugin Author on this, and let us know the feedback from them.

Thanks

Thanks for you support, tristup!

GB

You are most welcome Gurbachan

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.