Slider Revolution and another plug-in not displaying images

Since the update images and videos are not displaying in Slider Revolution and another app I use called WP Show Posts. This issue is not present when I log into admin however. I’ve tried disabling other plug-ins and enabling lazy load in Slider Revolution but nothing seems to work.

Hello @peopleknowhow,

Thanks for writing in! This issue could be caused by a plugin conflict, amongst other things. Please check out this troubleshooting article here and follow the instructions for the following sections (where appropriate):

• Testing for Plugin Conflict
  • Theme Update
  • Child Theme
  • CSS/JS Customization
  • Disabling Cache
  • Disabling CDN

If nothing is helping, provide us access to your site so that we can check your settings. Please create a secure note with the following info:
– Link to your site
– WP login URL
– WP username
– WP password
– WP Administrator Role

To know how to create a secure note, please check this out: How The Forum Works

Best Regards.

Hello, thanks for your response. As I mentioned in my original comment I’ve already tested for plugin conflicts. Everything is up to date and I’ve checked all my custom code, CDN and caching. Could you give me some advice or point me in the direction of any further investigation? There must be a commonality between these two apps that could be a clue - for example, both use imagery, both use javascript…perhaps there’s a lazy load button I’ve missed as this is now automatic in the WordPress update and perhaps causing a conflict? I’ve checked all of Slider Revolution and nothing changes when I enable lazy load on the main slider settings. I’ve also tried jQuery No Conflict Mode. Or has something recently changed relating to JavaScript? And why does this only happen when logged out of admin, what’s that key difference in how the plug-ins load once logged in? On inspection it looks like there’s a ’ Uncaught Reference Error: jQuery Is Not Defined’ error. I can’t really provide access due to data protection unfortunately so any help on the above would be greatly appreciated.

Hello @Baldacchino,

It seems that the Slider Revolution JS is confliction with your custom JS code. Please make sure you have not added custom JS code in the X/Pro—>Theme option —>JS that can be a conflict with Slider Revolution.

If it doesn’t work for you, please share your details in a secure note. Please provide the following details

• WordPress Login URL
  • Admin level username and password

You can find the Secure Note button at the bottom of your posts

Thanks

Just in case this helps someone else going mad like me - I removed defer parsing in my child theme and it’s fixed it

How exactly do you do that? I want to try this too since my Revolution Slider doesnt even play the video in the editing mode of RS

Hello Ivee,

@Baldacchino may have added a custom PHP code in his child theme’s functions.php something like this:

/* Defer Parsing of Javascript*/
function defer_parsing_of_js ( $url ) {
if ( FALSE === strpos( $url, '.js' ) ) return $url;
if ( strpos( $url, 'jquery.js' ) ) return $url;
return "$url' defer ";
}
add_filter( 'clean_url', 'defer_parsing_of_js', 11, 1 );

Remove this code has resolved his issue.

Hope this helps.

Yes, that’s right. All except my assumed gender! Web developers can be women too :slight_smile:

Hi @Baldacchino,

Great that it ultimately resolved.

Thanks

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.