Slider error and a question

https://www-9ygav.hosts.cx/

For Revolution slider, there is a delay between the video loading and the page load and sometimes it feels ‘choppy’. I am using the ‘poster’ image to try and have an image there and let the video load in the background. Right now I am pulling from the youtube asset: it is pulling the image so I am not sure if it created a new asset or pulls an existing asset. Would the poster image load faster and would it cure the choppy effect if I loaded a background image from the media library instead?

Here is one error I am getting now: Revolution Slider Error: You have some jquery.js library include that comes after the revolution files js include.
This includes make eliminates the revolution slider libraries, and make it not work.

To fix it you can:
1. In the Slider Settings -> Troubleshooting set option: Put JS Includes To Body option to true.
2. Find the double jquery.js include and remove it.

I get a javascript error and it could be adding to the issues I am seeing with the bouncing and such. You can see it in the browser javascript console. The mixed content issue will be fixed in its final home.

Thank you!

Hi GeorgiaG,
Regarding the JS errors including the Revolution Slider ones, this is most probably another plugin JS conflict. One way to make sure about that is to deactivate all third party plugins and see if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.

Also, it’s recommended to go through these troubleshooting steps mentioned on Revolution Slider website.

Answering to your first question, I would recommend fetching the poster from YouTube as this should be much faster than loading it from your own web server since browsers are somehow limited to a certain number of concurrent connections to the same hostname, hence, distributing resources over several hostnames should help in loading them faster.

Thanks.

Thank you. I went through as suggested and was able to end the conflict. I am concerned with it in the footer having a delay for loading so if there are best practices you are aware of and can direct me to that would be great. Thank you.

Hi GeorgiaG,
It’s actually recommended to move scripts to the end of a web page in terms of the page speed. One of the downsides here is what you are saying that some elements might be a little bit late to show up till their JavaScript codes load. My only advice here will be to make sure to use “preloader” as at least it will let people know that there is something loading here not a broken web page.

Thanks.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.