Slide I'm editing doesn't show up in live preview

I’m new to using the Modern Sliders Fullscreen Slider element. I have it open and am trying to edit the 2nd slide but when I click to inspect the 2nd slide, only the 1st slide shows in the live preview window. Shouldn’t the live preview switch to the 2nd slide while I’m trying to edit it? Also, how do you stop the autoplay while you are editing a slide? do you have to disable it every time you want to edit?

thanks for your help.

Hello @danwedin,

Thanks for writing in!

First, disable the “Autoplay” which you can find it in the Slide Container element.

For the Fullscreen Slider Preset, it is using Looper Provider JSON which you can only edit the 2nd and 3rd slide in the JSON code.

[
  {
    "text"            : "This is a fullscreen slider.",
    "textColor"       : "#f6e82b",
    "backgroundColor" : "#213263"
  },
  {
    "text"            : "Content is centered on both axes.",
    "textColor"       : "#ffcfd6",
    "backgroundColor" : "#006451"
  },
  {
    "text"            : "Place anything you want in here.",
    "textColor"       : "#ef1e31",
    "backgroundColor" : "#ffcfd6"
  },
  {
    "text"            : "The choice is yours.",
    "textColor"       : "#213263",
    "backgroundColor" : "#ef1e31"
  }
]

You will have to change the text, color or background color in the code above.

Hope this helps. Kindly let us know how it goes.

Thanks for responding. I am just struggling with this.

I know I can edit the JSON but can’t I edit individual slides like this:

If I inspect Slide 2 it still shows Slide 1 in the preview. I want to create 3-5 slides with background images and text and images over the top.

I’ve also just disabled the Autoplay and yet the slides keep rotating:

here is the sample page I created:
https://curacionrtb.site/slider-examples-2/

Thanks for your help.

Hello @danwedin,

In order to help you with your concern, we need to check your settings. I would request you, please share your details in a secure note. Please provide the following details meanwhile you must troubleshoot a few common issues before we investigate your settings.

• WordPress Login URL
  • Admin-level username and password

You can find the Secure Note button at the bottom of your posts

Thanks

Hello @danwedin,

You will have to disable the Looper Provider and Looper Consumer so that you can edit the slides individually. Please check out my demo in the secure note.

Best Regards.

Thanks Ruenel, but when I go into your Section by Rue and inspect the each slide the live preview continues to rotate the slider you created. I checked and the Looper Provider and Looper Consumer are both disabled at every level. Is there something else I need to do?

And I also just disabled the Autoplay in the Slide container and that stopped the rotation but only Slide 1 displays in the live preview even when I inspect Slide 2 or 3.

Hello Dan,

You can go to the Layouts tab and edit the elements inside which slide or you can use the navigation and click through the slides to edit it. Check out my demo here:

Best Regards.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.