Site went down with update to WordPress 6.4.1, X Theme cannot activate, Need Cornerstone code

Had problems updating to WordPress 6.4.1. Once I finally solved that problem, I was able to activate Cornerstone. However, Cornerstone is asking for a validation code. I did purchase a 12 month extension for Cornerstone, got a receipt, but did not get a validation code.

Then I tried to install the X theme. It DOES NOT activate successfully. I tried to activate it 3 times with the help of the hosting company clearing the memory behind the scenes. It did not work.

The site currently is broken.

PLEASE HELP!

–Jan

HOW CAN I ACTIVATE the X THEME??? It runs out of memory - even with help from the hosting company to change settings.

The website is down.

Thanks.

–Jan

Hi Jan,

Thanks for reaching out.
It seems that you have added two X theme licenses, so you don’t need to purchase the Cornerstone license separately. Now, coming to activation of the X theme, can you please please provide any screenshot marked with the problem or any video that helps us to recognize the problem and assist you on this?

Thanks

1 Like

Thanks for your reply!

FYI - the hosting company was able to restore a version of the site so it is currently up.

There isn’t any screenshot. The X theme just wouldn’t activate and then I had the “site has critical error” website death screen. The information from the hosting company was that activation used up all the memory resources and that increasing the memory behind the scenes (however they did that) didn’t seem to help.

If the theme wasn’t activated, all of the other plugins activated successfully. Of course the site looked too ugly for words.

One question is how much memory the X theme needs to activate successfully.

Any ideas on what to do to make it work?

-Jan

Hey Jan,

Most of our users only have 128M of memory. X and Cornerston run perfectly fine. That would be different if you have lots of plugins though. What you’ve reported isn’t a problem in well known web hosts. Simply validating the theme should not take your site down.

If you want us to investigate, kindly deactivate all 3rd party plugins (to make sure no plugin is causing the issue). Then, give us the following info in a Secure Note so we can check your WordPress setup.

• WordPress Login URL
  • Admin username and password

You can find the Secure Note button at the bottom of your posts.

Thanks.

Thanks for the info!

How many constitute “lots of plugins”?

I would like you to investigate. I do need some time to plan for this so I will open up a new post when I’m ready to proceed.

FYI - I think one of the unsuccessful tests we tried in WordPress 6.4.1 was only having Cornerstone activated and then trying to activate X.

Thanks again.

–Jan

Hey Jan,

If you are using X theme, the theme should be activated first in order for the Cornerstone to work because the Cornerstone you had is not a standalone.

Hope that helps and let us know how it goes.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.