Site Logo Served as http

Some recent update (this year; sorry I can’t be more specific) has caused my site logo (the one chosen in Customizer > Header) to load using http instead of the sitewide https.

  • My Wordpress/Site addresses in Settings > General are https and have been for a long time.
  • I’ve changed the guid in the database for the file to be https, just in case it was pulling from there.
  • I’ve tried removing and re-adding the logo image in the customizer.
  • I’ve tried picking a different image.
  • This is the only image which loads using http. All other featured images, etc. work as intended. (edit: I’ve noticed that the thumbnails for Site Logo and Site Icons in the customizer also use http.)
  • I’m using the Ethos stack, for what it’s worth.

Thanks for any help.

Hello @CEMBTW,

Thanks for asking. :slight_smile:

Can you please share website login details (url/username/password) in a secure note for us to take a closer look?

Thanks.

Hi there,

The problem must be related to the Automptimize and the W3 Total cache plugins. Please clear the cache on both plugins and deactivate them.

Then reset your htaccess file by renaming it to .htaccess-bak. Then in WP Admin Menu, go to Settings > Permalinks and just click the Save Changes button.

After that make sure that Settings > General and make sure again that both URLs there use https.

Then upload the logo again in the X > Theme Options.

You also may need to contact your hosting service provider and ask them to clear any internal cache that they might have.

Please consider that our theme does use the home_url() to determine the base URL in sections like the logo upload. And if it is not updating it shows that the Wordpress function does not update and that is the indication of the cache somewhere.

Thank you.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.