My website CoreyKlinefelter.com is super slow. I’ve run it through various site testers and it is getting horrible scores. I’ve spoke with my hosting and restored my cpanel to a previous version and even restored my site to a previous version and I am still getting nowhere. So I was hoping you guys over at support could go through my site in depth and find out whats wrong and fix the problem for me… That would be super appreciated!
Hey Corey,
You did not provide the url of your site so we can take a look. Thanks!
Hi Corey,
We can’t go over your site in-depth as that would be outside the scope of support but I can offer some general advice. Your site itself is loading quickly, but there are some images that are not optimized. Most of your scores are pretty good. Take a look at this report: https://gtmetrix.com/reports/coreyklinefelter.com/RcPJCSBi
I see you have a cacheing plugin setup which allows the page HTML to be served in about 100ms. This indicates there isn’t a whole lot of room for improvement on the server.
It may help to run your images through an optimizer (like http://optimizilla.com/) before uploading them. The biggest impact to load time is the number of YouTube embeds you’re including. You could do a test by removing all the videos temporarily to see how much speed is gained. Unfortunately there’s not much that can be done other than removing some of them.
Another thing you could try is deactivating all your plugins temporarily to see how much of a speed boost you get. Many plugins add more resources to the page (CSS, images, javascript) which incrementally increase load time.
Hi Alexander, thank you for your response! I’ve run that very same report and have gotten the same numbers you’ve gotten on yours. Y slow I guess is fine but the page speed is failing.(Isn’t that bad?) Also my total load time is 19.2 seconds… Thats gotta be bad right!? The average it says is 8.5 seconds I believe.
I am Definitely going to try what you reccomend! However My site isn’t loading on mobile at all… The connection times out everytime… Certainly this may have something to do with this? Can you please look into this for me I would really appreciate it.
I’ve solved the problem with the site loading on Mobile… No Need to worry about that anymore. My hosting for some reason blocked my ip address…
Hey Corey,
Glad you’ve sorted the mobile issue. Regarding the speed of your site, it is outside the scope of our support to investigate why its slow as there are many factors to check for this not only the theme. You could check services like https://wpspeedguru.com/ to speed up your site.
Thank you for understanding.
This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.