Site Is Broken Outside of Pro Editor

Good morning!

I recently updated to the latest version of Pro.

In the editor, everything looked fine.

Testing live, sections and images were broken, sections and images were missing, etc.

Here is what the site should look like: https://www.dropbox.com/s/i0gqgkamivnhyvv/Screen%20Shot%202017-10-05%20at%2010.59.17%20AM.png?dl=0

What I attempted to do was make the hero image (the characters) a background image. The green divider would be an image with the top margin adjusted to achieve the look in the mockup. That didn’t work because I could not get the section background (for the divider) to be transparent.

This could be user error and I may be going about building this the wrong way.

Please assist. :slight_smile:

Hi there,

Please update to Pro 1.2.3 which addresses the bugs that were present in the previous release.

Hope this helps.

Jade,

Did you read my whole inquiry?

I also asked if I were going about building this the right way.

Does it make sense?

At times I feel the support here has really declined.

I use to post an issue and within 24 hours there was a solution.

Today, it takes 48+ hours and I’ve consistently been given support that does not work. It then takes several more hours or days to get a response. I really hate to be that guy, but please only respond to inquiries if you understand the issue I’m having.

Updating Pro did not resolve the issue.

The issues still persist.

Hi There,

I am able to check your page and your setup might work to achieve what you want as I’ve seen on your screenshot. I just find it weird that you are using a classic image and the mark up on the frontend is for version 2 image element. See the difference between the source code for image element vs classic image element here: https://screencast-o-matic.com/watch/cb6QiQIppZ

Now on your page, I can see that on the builder, you are using classic image element but the frontend markup is for version 2 image element. See this too: https://screencast-o-matic.com/watch/cb6QiXIppw. Version 2 image has default height and width and an option for retina. I made a test page and add just the image and it is the same. The issue here is, without those height and width option, by default using the classic image, it should be fullwidth like what you want to achieve.

Please try disabling Jetpack > Photon module and then try again. Let us know how this goes.

Still not working.

And there’s still no explanation for why Section 3 doesn’t render at all when live.

Hi there,

I checked your website and the 3rd section you have mentioned shows that there is a conflict of some kind going on your installation.

I did a test by adding a template called test Template from your current page and adding a new page called Test Page and used that template to recreate the page.

Now as you can see it is working ok: (Check the Secure Note)

That shows the Pro Editor is working fine and elements are correct. Now you need to go to the page you have created and add the additional settings you have done for the page and do the same for the test page, That way you will find which plugin or settings are the problem cause.

Thank you.

I just went ahead and changed the design.

Unfortunately I’m still not understanding, however, with the layout change the page has gotten simpler to build.

I do need help understanding why I cannot get the headlines and text to act the way I want them too. Seems as though ever since I made the update, things just no longer act right? I have a great deal of white space on the top of the image I’ve been trying to get the text placed in, but cannot.

What am I doing wrong? When I adjust the margins all it’s doing is blowing the background image up and I get no closer to finishing.

You’ll find this on the test page as linked above in the secure note.

That is because you have a huge top padding for your section.