Site Down Critical Error since Sunday - No changes made. (Urgent)

Hello,

Our site https://buttmullins.ie has been experiencing a critical error since Sunday.

I am getting the following info from WP_DEBUG:

Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Call to undefined function cornerstone_register_static_style() in /home/buttmull/public_html/wp-content/themes/x/framework/legacy/functions/frontend/styles.php:93 Stack trace: #0 /home/buttmull/public_html/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php(308): x_output_generated_styles(’’) #1 /home/buttmull/public_html/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php(332): WP_Hook->apply_filters(NULL, Array) #2 /home/buttmull/public_html/wp-includes/plugin.php(517): WP_Hook->do_action(Array) #3 /home/buttmull/public_html/wp-includes/script-loader.php(2180): do_action(‘wp_enqueue_scri…’) #4 /home/buttmull/public_html/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php(308): wp_enqueue_scripts(’’) #5 /home/buttmull/public_html/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php(332): WP_Hook->apply_filters(NULL, Array) #6 /home/buttmull/public_html/wp-includes/plugin.php(517): WP_Hook->do_action(Array) #7 /home/buttmull/public_html/wp-includes/general-template.php(3043): do_action(‘wp_head’) #8 /home/buttmull/public_html/wp-content/themes/x/framework/legacy/cranium/headers/ in /home/buttmull/public_html/wp-content/themes/x/framework/legacy/functions/frontend/styles.php on line 93

Can you please advise as to why this has happened and how to resolve the issue?

I have just noticed I am now getting the same error on another site https://uisneach.ie

Fatal error : Uncaught Error: Call to undefined function cornerstone_register_static_style() in /home/uisneachie/public_html/wp-content/themes/x/framework/legacy/functions/frontend/styles.php:93 Stack trace: #0 /home/uisneachie/public_html/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php(308): x_output_generated_styles(’’) #1 /home/uisneachie/public_html/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php(332): WP_Hook->apply_filters(NULL, Array) #2 /home/uisneachie/public_html/wp-includes/plugin.php(517): WP_Hook->do_action(Array) #3 /home/uisneachie/public_html/wp-includes/script-loader.php(2180): do_action(‘wp_enqueue_scri…’) #4 /home/uisneachie/public_html/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php(308): wp_enqueue_scripts(’’) #5 /home/uisneachie/public_html/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php(332): WP_Hook->apply_filters(NULL, Array) #6 /home/uisneachie/public_html/wp-includes/plugin.php(517): WP_Hook->do_action(Array) #7 /home/uisneachie/public_html/wp-includes/general-template.php(3043): do_action(‘wp_head’) #8 /home/uisneachie/public_html/wp-content/themes/x/framework/leg in /home/uisneachie/public_html/wp-content/themes/x/framework/legacy/functions/frontend/styles.php on line 93

I have rolled back this site to a previously broken but working version. Butt Mullins is still down

Hello Stephen,

Thanks for writing to us.

Did you update the X Theme first? It generally happens when the X theme is updated and the cornerstone plugin is not updated. Please make sure your theme, plugins, WordPress, and the PHP(7.4) version are updated as per our version compatibility page. I would suggest you please purge all the cache. I would suggest you troubleshoot a few of the common issues before we investigate your settings.

1. Testing For Theme Related Issue
  2. Testing For Plugin Conflict
  3. Theme Update
  4. Child Theme
  5. Css/Js Customization
  6. Increasing Php Memory Limit
  7. Disabling Cache
  8. Disabling Cdn
  9. Permalinks
  10. Version Compatibility

If none of those work, It would be best if you could copy your live website to your staging area. and send your details in a secure note so that we can investigate your setting without breaking your live site. Please provide the following details

• WordPress Login URL
  • Admin-level username and password
  • FTP Details

You can find the Secure Note button at the bottom of your posts

Thanks

Is there somewhere I can download the latest version of cornerstone so I can update this over FTP and try to restore access?

Hello Stephen,

Please make sure you have a backup of the site, please follow these steps.

1. Use FTP/Cpanel to go to the wp-content/plugins
  2. Rename the cornerstone plugin folder to cornerstone-test
  3. Log in to WordPress and assess the site dashboard —>Plugin
  4. Delete the Cornerstone plugin
  5. After deleting, use the link in the dashboard to automatically install the Cornerstone. It will be the latest version.

Hope it helps
Thanks

Okay thanks will try this and get back to you

Hello Stephen,

Please let us know how it goes.

Thanks

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.