Site broken after Update to X Version: 5.1.0

Hi,
I had previously managed to update X on my dev site. I now tried on the production site, following the same steps, but the layout is now broken.
I have taken exactly the same steps as the development website and deleted all the cache (browser, cloudflare, supercache) but still i have problems.

1- it seems like some custom CSS (which i have moved entirely in the child theme style.css) is not loaded.
2- font icons are not loaded (including ubermenu dropdown arrows)
3- the main logo is now showed also as a big title text

what am i missing? how can i fix, please?

Hi,
apparently, the issue is related to Cloudflare!
I tried deleting wp-supercache and purging all cache on cloudflare settings. All without success.
Now I have enabled the “development mode” on cloudlflare and the website works fine.
If i re-enable it, it’s bad again.

Any idea how can i prevent this?

Thanks!

Hi There,

Please refer to this article.

https://xthemetips.com/using-cloudflare-rocket-loader-with-x-pro-and-x5/928/

Hope it helps!

Hi, thanks for your reply.
I created that page rule but that did not fix my problem, which is not about performance.

The issue I have is that custom css and child theme’s functions.php are not loaded, unless I set Cloudflare to Development Mode to completely bypass it.
however, this option auto turns off after 4 hours and i’m back with a broken site.

I have purged everything within cloudflare and deleted + disabled wp super cache.
I have also cleared my pc cache and cookies, and cleared DNS cache locally and on OpenDNS.

How can I fix this, please?

PS: how can i check if my website is effectively loading my child theme’s files?

Hello There,

Could we have access to your CloudFlare and personally the settings? We want to play around the caching both from WP Super Cache and the settings of your CloudFlare along with the minification settings as well.

When you use a child theme, most of the files of the parent theme should be loaded first. Anything in the child theme will then override some parent theme’s settings and styles.

Hope this helps.

Hi,
sure you can check the settings on wp-admin (see logins in previous reply).
Or you can check directly on the cloudflare panel.

Please help! i am now going to the dashboard every 5 hours to enable the Development Mode in cloudflare settings. The only way to have the website displays correctly. To see the problem, you will have to disable the development mode,

Please note that everything was working fine with the current settings and I was using X child theme, Cloudflare, Wp Supercache. But after some issues upon migration to X 5, you suggested me to replace my child theme as mine was old (it was the x-integrity-child).

Thanks.

Hello There,

Thanks for updating in! I have logged in and made sure that all your settings is correct.
When I checked your site, it seems it is working fine now. This is how I see it now: http://prntscr.com/fto5rq

Please clear your browser cache and test your site again.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.