Site Background Has Dark Tint Even Though Background Color Set to White in Theme Options

The background color for the body of my site has a dark tint to it even though my background color in Theme Options is set to white. I’ve tried using #ffffff, rgb(255,255,255) and “white” as the color but still not working. I’ve used Google Chrome’s inspect element feature to check all of the CSS code and couldn’t find anything causing the dark tint.

I’ve tried switching Stacks and the problem still persists. I’ve also cleared my cache and viewed across devices and browsers and get the same issue. This issue is consistent across all pages on the website.

How do I remove this tint to the background color?

Website URL: bestbudseedbank.com

Hello @jgille07,

Thanks for writing in!

Are you referring to this image?

This is because you have added a background color to the upper layer. Please set it to “None” instead. And if you are referring to this footer;

Please edit your custom footer and set the background color to white.

Best Regards.

No, I was referring to the body of the website for sections with a color background, not sections with a background image.

All the other sections have a light grey background instead of a pure white background. The header is a pure white color (rgb(255,255,255) and I have the site background set to that exact same color, however all the sections that have a color background (no image or pattern backgrounds), are showing as light grey. I believe this is some type of overlay with an rgba color with opacity of less than 1.

I also noticed that when I try to set the background color of other elements, they also show as a light grey (or white with some type of overlay with opacity less than 1).

In the screenshot below you can see the difference between the white header and the light grey background of the site’s content in the body of the website.

Also, I’m not referring to the box shadow underneath the header – even when I remove that the rest of the section is showing as light grey instead of white.

Hello @jgille07,

The light grey color is coming from the box-shadow property of the bar element in your header. Please edit your custom header and make sure to remove the box shadow.
Screen Shot 2021-06-14 at 8.14.12 AM

If nothing is helping, provide us access to your site so that we can check your settings. Please create a secure note with the following info:
– Link to your site
– WP login URL
– WP username
– WP password
– WP Administrator Role
- Confirmation that we can access and make changes to your site

To know how to create a secure note, please check this out: How The Forum Works

Best Regards.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.