Single View of CPT and Active Menu State

I have a CPT set up and a regular blog on the same site. When visiting a single post of the CPT, the blog’s menu item displays as active. This menu item (Blog) links to the regular blog’s archive page and and single view of those posts also shows the Blog item as active.

Why would the CPT’s single view activate the Blog menu item?

here is an example of one of the CPT’s single posts:

Here is the regular blog archive:
https://ppp.11massmedia.net/blog/

and a regular blog single post:

Hi @simeoned,

Unfortunately, your website is not accessible. I would suggest you check and let us know once it is ready to access.

Thanks

It is accessible, please see the updated secure note.

Hello @simeoned,

I am another staff, I tried to access your site but it is not working on my end. It seems that your site is down at the moment. I would suggest you please contact your hosting provider to fix it and then let us know.

Thanks

Man… you’re not gonna believe this but I just was rebooting the server really quickly about 15 min ago. Must’ve been right when you tried again. Please look again.

Secure note updated… Thanks

Hello @simeoned,

You are experiencing the issue because you are having a slug conflict. You are using shop as your post-type slug.

If you go to Pages, your Shop page is also using the shop page slug:

Please change the post-type slug to program instead.

Best Regards.

Here’s what I did:

1. Made a backup of the site.
  2. Changed the permalink of the static shop page you mentioned.
    • This created a distinction between the CPT slug and the shop page
  3. Confirmed that this made no difference to the problem I am reporting here.
  4. Changed the permalink of the shop page back to /shop
  5. Changed the rewrite slug of the CPT.
  6. Confirmed that this made no difference to the problem I am reporting here.
  7. Changed the actual slug of the CPT and migrated the posts as is recommended.
  8. Confirmed that this made no difference to the problem I am reporting here.
  9. Restored from my backup to fix the mess this experiment made.

So… the solution you are proposing had no effect on the landscape here. And honestly, why would it? the Blog archive and the CPT and the manual shop page I created have nothing to do with one another. The Blog menu item is active as if I am viewing a regular blog post when I am in fact viewing a single post of the CPT.

Please look more at this problem and advise.
thanks.

Hey @simeoned,

I have replicated the issue so I’ll post this in our issue tracker so this will be queued to be investigated by our development team.

I currently don’t have an immediate solution or a workaround.

Please stay tuned for updates.

Thanks.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.