Single page templates

I want to redesign the portfolio template I am trying to do this by using a single page template. through following your guide I do not see the assignment options that are on the guide. I see there is portfolio option to create a single page template but when I used that it still maintained the original template and added my template to the portfolio template.

Hi @wicara,

Thanks for reaching out.
It is not very clear what exactly you are trying to do here. Are you trying to override the Portfolio template using the Layout Builder? If so, you need to create a Archive Layout and assign it to the Portfolio. But that is only possible if you are using the Layout Builder which is exclusively available with Pro. If you are using the X, you need to override the existing Portfolio template, and that is beyond the scope of Theme Support. I would suggest you hire a developer who can assist you to do the customization or you can avail of our newly launched service called One, where we answer questions beyond normal theme support.
If that is not the case, please explain it a bit more.

Thanks

That is an absolutely terrible response. I have pro and was following the guide but the options to set the page for portfolio as per the guide are not the same as the theme. I tried creating a portfolio template but as I said instead of having two sections it created the two columns plus the side bar of the original template. How do I use pro to replace the template with my new single page design?

Offering a service goes against the very purpose of the theme of which used to have one of the best support responses in the industry.

For reference this is your guide https://theme.co/docs/single-templates and the assignment section is missing

Hi @wicara,

Sorry for the confusion. It is not clear that you are referring to the Single Template. After you create the Single Template using the Layout Builder you need to assign it to the Portfolio Items as shown in the given screenshot.

If you have already assigned it, but still the single portfolio page is not showing the layout design, we need to investigate it through the WordPress admin dashboard. I would request that you please provide login credentials for your site in a secure note to examine it further, including:

– WordPress Site URL & Login URL
– WordPress Admin username/password
– Specific layout which is assigned to the portfolio item.

To create a secure note, click the key icon underneath any of your posts.

Thanks

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.