Single custom post template - trying to display custom taxomony

Hi, I have a CPT called ‘articles’ and associated custom taxonomy called ‘Article Types’.

I am creating a single post template for the CPT, and want it to list the ‘Article Types’ at the top. It should only list one, as no post has more than one.

I have inserted the element ‘List Terms’ and created a looper using the query builder , selecting “current post terms”, using taxonomy ‘Article Types’ - however all it does is pull up all 'Categories" that are associated with normal wp posts.

Have I missed a step?

Thanks

Hello Sophie,

Thanks for writing in!

Your Looper Provider should be like this:

If it is not pulling the correct taxonomies, please provide us your WP details so we can check your site settings. You can create a secure note in your next reply with the following info:
– Link to your site
– WP login URL
– WP username
– WP password
– WP Administrator Role
– Confirmation that we can access and make changes to your site

To know how to create a secure note, please check this out: How The Forum Works

Best Regards.

Yes thats what Ive done, and its only pulling ‘categories’, not Article Types… so it would be great if you could take a look. Thank you!

PS - I have the looper in question hidden right now, as the layout is live.

Hi Sophie,

I have checked the Layout and found that the Looper Provider is set to the Terms - Article Type and the List Item both. I have disabled the Looper Provider from the parent element and it starts showing the taxonomies as per the current post.

Screenshot-2022-08-04-143535

Thanks

Ahh thank you so much. I see now.

Very much appreciated.

Hi Sophie,

Glad that we are able to help you.

Thanks

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.