Single Archive Assignment Issue - All Singular

Hi
I have created a Single post that pulls through dynamic content from custom posts called Boats.
https://loving-tu.77-68-9-139.plesk.page/boat/crompton-marine-7-5m/

The content appear to be pulling through correctly but it will only display when I assign the post to All Singular when logically it should perhaps be post type = boats. When I select this it displays regular posts and not the boat posts.

Screenshots attached. Feel like I am close with this but the assignment isn’t correct.
Happy to provide a login.
Thanks!

Hello @tapper65,

Thanks for writing to us.

In order to help you with your concerns we need to check your settings I would request you, please share the admin login details meanwhile I would suggest you troubleshoot a few of the common issues before we investigate your settings. Please share your details in a secure note. Please provide the following details

• WordPress Login URL
  • Admin-level username and password
  • Exact Layout URL

You can find the Secure Note button at the bottom of your posts

Thanks

Details added on Secure Note thanks

Hello @tapper65,

I checked your layout and set the condition and it seems that the layout is rendering fine at my end.

It might be the issue with the browser cache I would suggest you please clear your browser cache and then check it again.

Hope it helps
Thanks

Hi we have cleared the cache on the browser and the site cache, plus rebooted the router and still getting the same problem.
I have to set Boat Single 2023 to All Singular to be able to edit it then change the settings back to conditions post type = boat. This seems odd as with other dynamic posts in Pro I do not need to do this.
Below are 3 URLs that should then display different boats but we are just seeing the same boat repeated.
https://loving-tu.77-68-9-139.plesk.page/boat/rand-play-24/
https://loving-tu.77-68-9-139.plesk.page/boat/williams-jet-tenders-285/
https://loving-tu.77-68-9-139.plesk.page/boat/axopar-28c/
Thanks

Hello @tapper65,

I checked your site it seems that the layout is working fine on my end. Please have a look at the given video in the secure note. In case you pointing out the post data, please note you need to set the Looper Provide as OFF since on the single page default loop work so you don’t need an extra loop.

Hope it helps
Thanks

Hi
I have watched the video and I can see that you managed to change the background colour. My point is the post does not seem to be dynamic and all the URLs above show the same boat.
I have tested with someone else in a different location and they have the same issue.

I tried changing the setting suggested in your last note but the problem persists and now section 1 is not visible at all.
Look forward to hearing from you.
Thanks

Hey @Tapper65,

I have logged in and checked your Boats Single layout. Please be informed that when you are creating a single (or even WC Single), you DO NOT need to add a Looper Provider or Looper Consumer. You can directly insert the dynamic content and it will automatically get the post meta or ACF meta for that particular post.

You assigned the ROW as a Looper Consumer which is why the layout got confused of which data to consume where you do not have a loop. Anyways, to get your issue resolve, just disable the Looper provide and Looper Consumer option of the Row elements in your layout.

Best Regards.

OK the front end for the boat pages is now looking right but the preview in the layout builder still shows a news post style. I have cleared all caches and that didnt fix it. Any suggestions as it will be hard to amend Boat Single 2023 without the preview?
Screenshot attached.
Thanks

Hello @Tapper65,

While you are viewing the single layout builder, you assign the “Boat” custom post type and which Boat item you want to view in the builder. You can do that by clicking the “Preview” icon next to the “Save” button.

Hope this helps.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.