Since update theme www address and cornerstone does not work anymore

Hi there,
I updated the theme, and added WP Rocket. But since then Cornerstone is not visible anymore, and my website looks terrible. I have already deactivated all plugins, but that did not seem to work. I have tried with adding Cloudflare, but that didnt help either.

Could you please give me a hand. I tried the last couple of days it by myself, but I am not solving it.
Thanks Coen

1 Like

Hello There,

Thanks for writing in! When you change your domain from non www to www, you also have to make sure that in your WordPress settings, Settings > General, the Site URL and WordPress Address URL will need to be changed like http://www.example.com. Otherwise, it will result to a CORS (Cross Origin Resource Sharing) issue. By the way, after changing non www to www, you will also need to run a search and replace to properly resolve CORS. I would recommend that you install WP Migrate DB and use the search and replace feature of this plugin.

Hope this helps. Kindly let us know.

Hi @RueNel,
Thanks for your reply. But I am not aware I changed my domain from non www to www?
Do I need to change every single address to www?
Any idea how this happened?
Many thanks,
Coen

Hi Coen,

I think there’s a misunderstanding. It was assume that you have change it to www. Your main issue, where www.clrbldnconcepts.com is not loading is a DNS issue. It can be fixed using htaccess or some server/domain configuration. Your hosting provider can help you better with this. After making it accessible, make sure to do what Ruenel suggested previously.

Hi @Lely,
Thanks for you kind reply. I called my hosting provider and they informed me everything is ok at their side? Unfortunately everything is greyed out as the print screen https://prnt.sc/g9iqnz shows.
How else can I solve this? My site is broken for two weeks now already :tired_face:
I don’t know what to do with your tip ‘It can be fixed using htaccess or some server/domain configuration.’ What does that mean?
Many thanks, Coen

Hello There,

Thanks for updating in! It is greyed out maybe because the url is defined in your wp-config.php file. Keep in mind that WordPress always follows what is being define in the wp-config.php file. You may edit it manually and make sure that it is pointing to the www version of your domain. By the way, in the server, there should be a setting that all non www will be redirected to www if you wish. Anyways, please provide us ftp details so that we will help you fix this issue.

Please let us know how it goes.