SimplyRETS plugin doesn't function with X Theme

I have built other websites using the SimplyRETS plugin and a different theme without issue. The issue arises when the X Theme is active using the Renew stack. I have contacted the plugin’s support team and have not heard back yet.

SimplyRETS plugin: https://wordpress.org/plugins/simply-rets

For some reason the SimplyRETS plugin does not get along well with the X Theme. When I add any of the SimplyRETS shortcodes to any pages (even brand new blank pages) the shortcode is being printed to the screen instead of being interpreted. I tried deactivating all plugins, but nothing changed. I then switched the theme and the shortcodes magically started working.

Here is a live example to view on our staging server for the new website that is in development. On the home page of this site, scroll down to the second to last section of the page titled “Newest Listings In” and you’ll see the shortcode displaying. http://highcountrynchomes.homepocket.staging.wpengine.com/

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Hi There,

It sounds like you might be having an issue with a third party plugin or script. Regretfully, we cannot provide support for third party plugins or scripts as our support policy in the sidebar states due to the fact that there is simply no way to account for all of the potential variables at play when using another developer’s plugin or script. Because of this, any questions you have regarding setup, integration, or troubleshooting any piece of functionality that is not native to X will need to be directed to the original developer.

Thank you for your understanding.