Simplest Text over Image solution?

Hello,
I understand that rendering text over image is possible with things like Essential Grid or custom styling. However, I think i came across a very simple way to use an existing Element that allowed me to select a background image, and put text on top of it.

I just can’t seem to find it again and all the existing posts on the forum point me to one of the other more complex solutions.

Which Element(s) can accept a background image and allow me to type text over it?

Hi,

You can use text element and add your background through inline style.

eg. Add background:url(image.jpg) top center no-repeat; in the style field of your text element.

Change image.jpg with the url of your image.

Hope that helps.

I’m aware of this method, it was described this post:

I’m looking for a a simple method (i.e. no custom style code), that uses references to images in my media library, as opposed to a hard coded URL.

I would also love to have a text-over-image solution that can be customized to help me crop the image properly.

Any other solutions (besides the custom style code, or the Essential Grid plugin?)

Hi There,

Regretfully, there is no native element in Cornerstone that does just that. Maybe that was a 3rd party element. The closest element to what you describe is the Prompt element but even that you still need a custom CSS to apply and position the background-image.

Thanks,