Similar Posts

Hi!

On my food blog, I want to feature similar posts under the content. I have my single layout set up with everything on it, but I want a way, using loopers, to show posts underneath the content that show other posts that have the same category, with the sorting being done randomly. Is there a way to do this natively with loopers?

Hi Marc,

Thanks for reaching out.
It is not very clear what exact problem you are having here. If you are trying to get the posts of the same category of the current post in random order, I would suggest you go through the following thread which might help you.

Hope it helps.
Thanks

I see what you are saying. This is what I’m trying to do. View the webpage below to see what I’m referring to:

So what I’m trying to do is have three posts at the bottom of each posts. Right now, I just have recent posts appearing there via loopers. But I’d like those three posts to appear if they have the same taxonomy at the current post being view.

Like if I’m seeing dessert posts, you see similar desert posts, not just recent posts. But I want this to appear dynamically so that I don’t have to have a layout for each category. Does that make sense?

Hi Marc,

The referenced thread explains how you can get the post of the same taxonomy. If you are having any issues with it, please let us know the page where you have implemented it. I would also suggest you be more specific on your issue as it is not very clear what do you mean by dessert posts here?
Please provide any screenshot marked with the issue that helps us to recognize the problem.

Thanks

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.