Sidebar/widget area taking over entire screen Icon

I recently noticed that my sidebar/widget areas are taking over 50-60% entire screen of my site on all screen sizes/types rather than the ideal of more like 15-20% of screen width. If I set the content layout as “fullwidth” the problem disappears, but then I don’t have my sidebar! Modifying my site max width (px) or site width (%) does not appear to fix the problem. Changing the site layout to boxed doesn’t help. I’ve uninstalled and reinstalled all of my plugins in turn, updated them. I have also checked on multiple devices and cleared cache. That does not change the issue.

Shown below. The menu bar up top, blog icon photos, etc should all extend across the screen and the iaabc logo, “want more on teaching…” and “journey dog training participates…” are all widgets that should be in the footer of the page while the farthest right pink photo should be a small sidebar.

Hello Kayla,

Thanks for writing to us.

It might be the issue of custom CSS code or custom JS code or any plugin style code. I would suggest you troubleshoot with a few of the common issues before we investigate your settings.

1. Testing for Plugin Conflict
  2. CSS/JS Customization

If none of those work, please send your details in a secure note. Please provide the following details

• WordPress Login URL
  • Admin level username and password

You can find the Secure Note button at the bottom of your posts

Thanks

Thanks for replying so fast. No plugin issues after checking 3x, same with CSS/JS. Will drop in secure note now.

Hello Kayla,

Thanks for updating in! Are you displaying the header widgets area on the sidebar? One thing I noticed is that you have inserted invalid HTML codes on the sidebar widgets which may have caused the issue. I cannot confirm it though because there seems to be some caching on the site. Even if I change the setting to Content Left, Sidebar Right layout, I am still seeing the fullwidth. Can you please put your site under construction mode, set your layout to have a sidebar, and then clear the caches so that we can investigate further?

Thank you in advance.

Thank you so much! I cleared the problematic widget and problem is SOLVED. It’s always something obvious with me…

Hi Kayla,

Great that it resolved now.

Thanks

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.