How can I have sidebar in portfolio item?
I have theme set up as full width Icon but would like a sidebar in Portfolio item only.
How can I have sidebar in portfolio item?
I have theme set up as full width Icon but would like a sidebar in Portfolio item only.
Hi There,
Go to this folder: wp-content\themes\x\framework\functions\global. Open this file: stack-data.php. At around line 64, Content Layout function will start. Copy that entire function on your child theme functions.php file. Customize as needed. Note that editing that might override the settings from Layout and Design part of Theme Options. Make sure to edit specifically.
Need a bit more guidance for this.
I copied the suggested portion of the stack-data.php file to my child functions.php but there are no page attributes in the portfolio item.
Hi There,
Essentially you would like to select portfolio template and then Use Global Content Layout under page layout section. Please make sure that the global layout is not full width. You can change global layout under X > Launch > Options > Layout and designs > Content Layout. Next, under Appearance > Sidebar create a new sidebar and assign that sidebar to the portfolio page. The last step is to add Widgets to your sidebar from Appearance > Widgets.
Hope it helps,
Cheers!
This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.