Show Post Excerpts in Renew

The Recent Post element does not provide the option to show post excerpts. I read in the support forum that short codes can be used in a text element. I tried the following in a text element:

[recent_posts show_excerpt=“true” count=“2” no_image=“true” orientation=“vertical”]

The result is

Post Title
Date

but no excerpt. Is there custom code that needs to be added?

I’m using the Renew Stack

Thanks!

Lisa

Hi Lisa,

Thank you for writing in and regretfully this isn’t a feature offered by Recent Posts element/shortcode and we can not provide support for modifying any Cornerstone element. I advise that you use a plugin instead to output a very flexible recent post content. Something like the Display Posts Shortcode It does offer a lot of parameters. It may look very raw at first but that is one thing good about it, it is fully styleable (with CSS).

Thank you for understanding.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.