Shortcodes plug-in

Hello Support, here is says the shortcodes are bundled as a separate plug-in:

I am currently doing blog posts using ‘Visual’ and have not learned ‘Cornerstone’ much yet.

Qs:

  1. Is a plug-in the best way to use shortcodes?
  2. Where can I find the plug-in for shortcodes?
  3. For this one, how do I add a photo and short bio:
    http://demo.theme.co/ethos-1/shortcodes/author/

Cheers, Van

Hi There,

Thanks for writing in! Early days we had a plugin called X-shortcodes which enables those shortcodes. Now those shortcode functionality has been integrated into Cornerstone plugin which is a mandatory plugin for X.

So when you install X theme and when you head over to X -> Validations section, Cornerstone plugin will be installed automatically.

You can add the Author shortcode into your Posts as shown in the example below.

Author’s profile picture is gathering from Gravatar (https://en.gravatar.com/) and make sure to set author bio by editing WordPress user.

Hope that helps.

Thanks for the information.

Further to the author photo, I signed up with Gravatar. How do I get the Gravatar photo to populate the Author information when I use the shortcode?

Cheers, Van

Hello there,

You can get [author] shortcode to retrieve your Gravatar photo by going into Users > Your Profile. Then go to the Profile Picture section and click Gravatar link.

Make sure to upload your profile picture into your Gravatar account:
https://en.gravatar.com/support/activating-your-account/

Hope this helps.

Hello Jumar, thanks I have uploaded my profile photo on Gravatar, but it doesn’t show up on my profile page on my site–what else do I need to do?
Cheers, Van

Hi There,

You need to use the same email address used to register a Gravatar account, on your WordPress user account as well. So that it will populate Gravatar image.

Hope that’s clear.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.