Shortcodes not working - Just showing code

Hi,

I’m trying to use shortcodes on my site, but all they show is the shortcode code itself, not the expected results.

I’m using the latest of X-Theme & Cornerstone, 5.1.1 & whichever version it installed.

I do see an issue with Cornerstone when I navigate to it in wpadmin, it says that X is not validated, but when I click on the validate button my X-Theme is validated. I have tried revoking validation, deactivating all plugins, reactivating Cornerstone & then re-entering my license key, but I see exactly the same issue. Cornerstone does not seem to think X is validated. Could this be part of the problem?

Note, I can use Cornerstone to edit & save pages without any problems.

I’ll add all relevant details via secure note.
Many thanks

Hi There,

Your site looks normal, can you point where specifically you are facing the issue, which page and section?

Thanks!

Hi,

I did mention it in the secure note.

On the home page, if you scroll down to the Connectors section, under the left column titled ‘Office 365 Apps & Services’ I have added a test raw content element with an icon list shortcode in it. This is only showing the raw code, not the icon list itself.

Cheers.

Hi there,

I have looked into Cornerstone and I could see the issue that you are mentioning. Would you mind providing your FTP details as well so that we can check this further?

Sure, added as a secure note to my previous post.

Thanks for looking into this.

Hello There,

Thanks for writing in! Regretfully the FTP credentials is not working for us. Please double check it.

X theme has been installed incorrectly. You have uploaded the wrong folder. This can only be re solve by deleting X theme and re install it again by uploading only the x.zip file. Cornerstone validation issue along with the shortcode issue should be resolve when the X theme gets installed correctly.

Please let us know how it goes.

Yes, that fixed it, thank you!

I originally had to install x through FTP upload, as GoDaddy upload limits prevented install through wpadmin. Have since resolved that issue after banging into other restrictions. So, this time around I installed through wpadmin, and now everything is working and I have my shortcodes.

Thanks for all the help :slight_smile:

Hey There,

You’re welcome! We are just glad we were able to help you out.
Thanks for letting us know that it has worked for you.

Best Regards.