Shortcodes - elements (woocommerce)

hi there,
as is learned from the forum shortcodes are not the way to go anymore. instead elements should be used.
a) i still would like to use shortcodes but all my bookmarked pages which show shortcodes for x and their use form the past are gone.
b) i want to place a single product on a page. so that it can be put directly in the shopping cart. there is no element for that. so how would i do this with the latest pro theme?
c) i would like to style the prodcuts but can’t find that either in pro. would you have a tipp for me or maybe a small tutorial?
thanks a lot for your help! kai

Hey Kai,

We only strongly recommend the use of elements but you still can use shortcodes. We just discourage the use of them because they are error-prone.

a) We have removed the old shortcode documentation but you still can see the shortcodes here https://demo.theme.co/integrity-1/shortcodes/

b) You can use the WooCommerce Product shortcode

c) This is not currently possible but it will be soon when our Layout Builder is released. For now, you need to consult with a WooCommerce developer to override single product template.

Hope that helps.

hi christian,
thanks a lot!
b) is the same link as a)
do you mean this page: https://docs.woocommerce.com/document/woocommerce-shortcodes/ ?
i tried it but the layout of the product is messed up using the shortcode products with id.
will you release an element for placing products in the future? i really need this.
when can i expect the layout builder? that would be so great!
thanks again! kai

Hey Kai,

Yes, I’m referring to that WooCommerce link. Not sure why it’s broken but you only could style it using custom CSS. And, there are no plans to create WooCommerce elements.

The Layout Builder would even be better than elements as you could create a custom design for your product and archive pages.

I’d recommend you create a custom product manually for now using the elements. You can use the Dynamic Content to display the product price in a text element and for the Add to Cart button. You can use this method where you insert the Add to Cart link in the Button’s URL.

http://example.com/cart/?add-to-cart=244

Hope that helps.

dear christian,
thanks a lot for your reply and suggestions. the shortcode to add a product to the cart on any page is great!
what i am missing though, is the nice anymation i get when adding a product to the cart from the original shop page. how could i add that effect to the link?
thanks again! best wishes, kai

Hey Kai,

You’re welcome.

The animation is only on the Shop and product archive pages. It cannot be added to single products without doing customization or involving 3rd party plugins. Those are beyond the scope of our support to cover so it would be best to consult with a WooCommerce developer to integrate the animation.

Thank you for understanding.

hi christian,
thanks for your fast reply! that is what i thought.
i don’t think the effect is sooo important… :wink: but it would have been nice.
all the best! kai

You are most welcome Kai!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.