Shopify Buy Buttons not visible on Internet Explorer

Hi! There are some products available for sale on the website I’m working on via Shopify ‘Buy Now’ buttons. Shopify provides the code for the buttons, which I’ve placed in seperate Content Area elements on the site (one Content Area element for each button.

This displays beautifully in browser testing except for Internet Explorer where the buttons disappear completely.

I’ve tried placing the code in the Raw Content element but the button sill isn’t visible in IE. Are there any other possible reasons why Shopify buttons won’t display in IE? I understand this is an older browser but some site visitors are still on this platform.

Thanks,
Rachel

Apologies - I forgot to include the page URL in the previous message!

Hi Rachel,

Thanks for reaching out.

Yes, I can confirm that the Shopify button is not showing in Internet Explorer. I also compared both codes from Google Chrome and Internet Explorer then found out that there’s no content inside the iframe. I suggest that you will also reach your Shopify asking them for a piece of advice on what to do. On the other hand, to further investigate the issue, we also need to check your setup. To do that, please give us the following information in a Secure Note.

• WordPress Login URL
  • Admin level username and password

You can find the Secure Note button at the bottom of your posts.

Thank you.

Thanks @marc_a,

Here’s the site login info for further investigation if that’s still OK.

Thanks again,
Rachel

Hello Rachel,

Please edit your page and instead of using the Content Area element, remove it and replace it with the Raw Content element instead.

Kindly let us know how it goes.

Hi @Ruenel,

Thanks for your suggestion. I’d tried the Raw Content element for Shopify buttons code previously and have tried again today but still no luck seeing Shopify buttons on the page when browser testing in IE.

Thanks,
Rachel

Hey Rachel,

This is a problem with Shopify button only. It really doesn’t show up on IE even if you put it in outside of WordPress.

Please contact Shopify. We do not provide support for 3rd party systems and code.

Thanks.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.