Shop Page and WPML

dear support,
my shop page looks very different depending on which language i choose. please have a close look at the 2 screenshots i attached. this is the same cart page! there are even more items shown in the english version. also the layout is different. the english page is much smaller than the german one (sidebar issue?)
aside from that the following bug is reproducable:
there are only 3 products in the shop. so if you put them one by one (from left to right) into the cart the third one does not show up at all and sometimes it does but there is no quantity field visible.
if you switch now (after you put the 3 products one after another) to the english language the third product shows miraclulously up.
would you have any idea how to solve these issues?
thanks a lot and best wishes, kai

Hey Kai,

The sidebar problem is just a matter of changing the Page Template for the German language. That will make the English and German Cart page look the same.

I couldn’t replicate the other issue. All items are there in the cart exactly as added and there’s a quantity field.

Hope that helps.

dear @christian,
thanks a lot for your quick help!
changing the page template in the german language actually changed the english page of the shop.
but i would like to understand the logic behind this if you may be so kind to explain? :wink:
there is only one physical shop page in the backend and wpml does the translation on the fly. right?
so why would the look different if the german page has a layout defined?
and the next issue i have to solve now is why the english page has the discounts correctly but the german not at all. but this one is for the bulk-price plugin team or wpml to solve i guess…
i even see different products in the german an the english shop page. even though it is one page only - actually. very strange to me…
thanks again and kind regards, kai

Hi Kai,

Neither I can replicate the issue, English and German page is identical on my end, it could be a caching or cookie related issue on your end, please try viewing the site on incognito/private mode of your browser.

German

English

Let us know how it goes,
Cheers!

dear @friech,
thanks for your reply!

your screenshots show the problem i mentioned:
the english shop page shows discounts and the german not.
could you please also shortly explain why it is possible that the english shop page can look/be different from the german one?

is that an issue i would have to discuss with the wpml team?

then meanwhile another issue showed up:

the number of items in the cart is 0 when i revisit the shop/website. only if i go to a product page the number of items in the cart appears again. i refer to the cart icon in the top bar of the site.
do you have any idea why this is happening?

thanks again and best wishes, kai

Hi Kai,

I have checked the cart page and found the discount values are showing for both languages. If you are not able to see that, I would suggest you check once by clearing all types of cache and in the incognito/private mode of the browser.

Hope it helps.
Thanks

dear @tristup,
thanks a lot for checking!
i keep deleting caches all the time but will try the inkognito mode.
in your first 2 screenshots from today the problem was also visible. i hope it is only the cache.
but switching the cart between languages produces inconsistencies. like the one i mentioned with the cart item counter. could you also please have a look at that? see my last msg.
best wishes, kai

Hi Kai,

Can you please explained what is problem in the screenshot given in my posts, so we can recognize the issue you trying to specify?

Thanks

hi @tristup,

as i described already the prices are discounted in one language on your screenshots. and not on the other language. that of course is not the way it is supposed to be.

the other problem i also described now 2 times it the problem with the counter in the topbar.

please read my messages. thanks a lot! kai

Hello Kai,

I am another staff and checking the cart page. I am not seeing a difference in both the English and German cart pages. Check out the screenshots below:

The counter in the topbar is displaying 1 item which is visible on both pages. The product was discounted too. You can see the same total below.

Please clear your fragment cache, browser cache, or kindly use private browsing mode and test your cart page again.

Best Regards.

dear @ruenel,
thanks for having a look and chiming in!
the thing is, sometimes it seems to be ok (counter and discounts) but just clicking here and there playing a dummy user the problems show themselfs.
meanwhile i have someone else also testing and i will just ignore it for now until these two issues will show up with someone else.
btw: also the cart is emptying itself once in while when i use the shop. the third issue i would say…
thanks again for your help! best wishes, kai

HI Kai,

Try clearing WPML cache under WPML > Support > Troubleshooting > Clear the cache in WPML, it might have been caching the WooCommerce Sessions which is not recommended to be cache. Also, if you have other caching features please clear and deactivate those for a while and see if that resolves the issue.

You might also want to contact the WPML support and ask if having 2 countries affects the calculation of vat/tax or discounts.

Another thing that might be indirectly related to the issue, I’m seeing mixed content issue on the site, and some of your links redirect to a non-secure protocol http, which resets the Woocommerce cookies saved on the browser.

Let us know how it goes,
Cheers!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.