Setup Blog page

To setup a blog pages, basics.

I can see there are options in X theme for Blog.

I have been asked to setup a blog page. What do I need to do in Wordpress in order to define which page posts come from so I can then issue user accounts as editor ?

Thanks for your help

Hi There,

  1. Please create a new page name as Blog.

  2. Navigate to Settings > Reading > select the Posts and Home page:

Hope it helps :slight_smile:

Awesome thanks @thai done that.

Now when I launch x theme after making a page in wordpress called blogs it says conflict with backend ?

Was I meant to make the Blog page in X ?

Hello There,

Thanks for updating in! Please be advised that when you assigned any page as your “Posts Page”, you can no longer edit it in Cornerstone. Even using the default WordPress Visual or Text editor, any content will be discarded and only the title is used in the page. And that is because in the blog index, it uses a template that WordPress will automatically generates the contents. For more information about creating your blog pages, please check this codex:
https://codex.wordpress.org/Creating_a_Static_Front_Page#Creating_a_Static_Front_Page

Hope this explains it briefly.

Hey thanks.

So what is the setup procedure with a blog page and X theme ?

Hi there,

You can use the method that @thai showed you. Or if you want to create your custom layout for the blog page, you can use recent post element to display post in a page. The choice is yours.

Thanks.

Hi @Bappi

I have a load of posts that came with the demo content on this theme, Am I able to delete all of these WITHOUT loosing any existing pages or content ? I just want a blank Blog with no posts so I can start from fresh ?

Kind Regards

Yeah sure, you can do that. Just go to Posts and delete all existing posts.

Thanks.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.