Setting up Categories with Terms Element > Current Post Terms Not Working As Expected

Hi,

I’m setting up a list of categories for a Custom Post Type of Videos. I used CPT UI to also create a custom taxonomy for the post type. I have added the Terms element and changed the settings under List Item to be Custom Post Term and Video Categories. The problem is it is only showing 3 of the categories when there are 25 categories. I can’t figure out why this is happening.

When I first set this up, I was just using regular categories and it did the exact same thing. This is why I did a custom category to see if that would fix things.

Thanks for any help you can give,
Jen

Hello @petitshoo,

Thanks for writing to us.

To help you with your concerns we need to check your setting, I would request please share the admin login details meanwhile I would suggest you troubleshoot a few of the common issues before we investigate your settings. Please share your details in a secure note. Please provide the following details

• WordPress Login URL
  • Admin-level username and password
  • Exact Layout URL

You can find the Secure Note button at the bottom of your posts

Thanks

Hi Peter, I managed to get it working on that website using the newly created category and saying All Post Terms.

However, I’m working on a different website today. I added the Minimal Terms Element and for All Post Terms it listed all of them even if there are no posts using those categories. I switched to Current Post Terms and it’s only showing two out of few of them that are active. I should note, some of these categories are used for a different post type but I only want the News (the main posts) categories that are being used to show. Is this possible?

I’ve added credentials in the secret note. Thanks!

Hello @petitshoo,

I tried to access your site dashboard but the given popup credentials are not working at the moment on my end. Please recheck and send us again so that we can check it on our end and guide you properly.

Thanks

Since the site is live you can take a look there. That might be easier. I’ll send credentials for that one.

Hey @petitshoo,

The given credentials do not work for us.
Please double-check it.

Thanks.

I have reset and double checked and put the updated password in the Secure Note.

Hey @petitshoo,

I am only seeing 2 Row elements in your News Archive layout.

Best Regards.

It’s that top row that is hidden. I evidently didn’t rename it on the live site. I have now renamed it as Row-Terms.

Hey @petitshoo,

You should be using the Looper Provider All Terms:

Best Regards.

The problem is it shows ALL terms, even if there are no posts using them. I’m guessing there isn’t a way to filter that so that it only shows the post categories then?

Maybe I’m not explaining well enough. There are categories here that are used for a custom post type BUT NOT for regular posts but the person who originally set up the site lumped them all together in the main categories section. Is there any way to filter out the categories that refer to the CPT and only show the ones that the regular Posts use?

Hello @petitshoo,

The Looper Provider Current Post Terms can only be used if you are working with single layouts. As for the Looper Provider All Terms, this is good if you want to display all the terms in a particular taxonomy like the Categories. Since your CPT and the regular posts use the same set of categories, all of those terms will be displayed. There is no other way to only select the categories of the regular post. Unless you will have to create a new set of taxonomy that will be assigned to your CPT and remove those categories that is used by your CPT.

Hope this makes sense.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.