Setting the content width

I am really struggling to change the width of the content on the page.
I have tried everything but everything.
I think something must be overriding the setting sin Themeco.
Any help appreciated please!

Hello @helplovesupport,

Thanks for writing to us

In order to help you with your concerns we need to check your settings, I would suggest you please share the marking screenshot. I would also request you please share your details in a secure note. Please provide the following details

• WordPress Login URL
  • Admin-level username and password
  • Exact page URL

You can find the Secure Note button at the bottom of your posts

Thanks

Hi Prakash,
After several days the content width went to the size that I set. I have no idea why it suddenly did this and why it took so long.
Yesterday I tried to add a side bar to my block posts, I set it to:
Content/Sidebar
The site is not back to being narrow again.
Its seems like these settings are taking a very long time to change. This should not be the case. Is there something more I should do to clear the cache? Pro Cache + browser cache, anything else.
Help with this would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you.

I have added the secure not e with the requested details.

Hello @helplovesupport,

You have this setting:

This means that your site content’s maximum width is 1500 pixels.

And the 86% is the actual site width or 1290px; that is 1500 * 86%.

I noticed that you have installed the W3 Total Cache plugin. This means that what you might be seeing on your live site is from your plugin cache. We highly recommend that you temporarily deactivate all your caching and optimizing plugins while building the site. Those plugins are best to turn ON when you are finished building the site and ready to go live.

Best Regards.

Thank you for the info.
I have disabled W3 cache and others.
The home page set above has the Layout Assignment set to default.
But the page is showing one of the single page layouts.
Other pages set to this do not show the image at the top.
Also if you go down the home page the content is narrow and does not change when I change the width.
The new home page that I am working on
https://dreamengine.co.uk/home-new/
Is also set to Default, as you can see it is different.
I do not understand why that is.
Also it is unclear what the content width and percentage should be. So many articles say different things.
Also how to set sidebar for blog posts? So many different answers over many years.
Do I set content/sidebar and remove from pages that should not have sidebar.
Sorry for so many questions but days wasted with things not changing or working as they should.

It seems it is having issues with the default Single
What is the Default Single?
Where are the setting for the default single?
https://dreamengine.co.uk/home-new/
Has added text to the bottom from a single page template that it should not do.

Aaaarrrgggghhhh it’s conditional groups set to pages!

I would still really appreciate knowing how to add the sidebar to blog pages please.

Hey @helplovesupport,

Be advised that bumping a thread or self-replying a thread will make it get back into the queue which will then take us a longer time to respond to it.

To add a sidebar in your blog posts, you will have to edit your custom single layout and then add a new column for the Widget Area element. Take the example in the screenshot below:

Section 2 element is divided into two columns instead. The sample Row Column layout is 66% 33% and then a Widget Area element was added for the right side column.

Hope this helps.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.