I was trying to figure out how to make my blog archive page have a sidebar, and came across this thread, which is now (rather unhelpfully) closed for comments. I just want to give feedback. This seems like a really tedious process. I have to set my entire site’s default page template in order for one page (blog) to render properly, and then change every other page on an individual basis? This feels backward. I understand how to do it now, but it is not user-friendly and creates additional work for developers.
Hi There,
We appreacite your feedback. This happens only on Icon Stack.
On the other stacks you can choose to have a fullwidth layout and set just your blog page as a sidebar template.
Hope it clarifies.
Thanks, that does help- I am using Icon. Why is Icon an outlier? And what can I do about it?
Hi again,
Each stack holds different styling, page templates and other settings. Icon is indeed a unique stack with several unique features including a second sidebar, Icon is a wonderful option if you want to truly let your design get out of the way of your content.
If you really need this feature you can consider switching to a different stack.
Hope this helps!
At this point I have a lot of custom CSS so I don’t think a stack change is a great option. Is there no other way to do this?
I also think it’s really a challenge when it comes to the stacks because there is no way I would have known this ahead of time, is there?
Hi There,
Possible workaround would be to set a global layout and then from your individual pages, you can select full-width template.
Thanks for understanding!
This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.