Setting Header Priority

I tried to follow this document to see how to assign a header to a specific page. My splash page or home page has no header or footer so when I try edit the header in header builder I get this error or status window. (See Image Below)

Website in question: https://www.digitaldoghouse.com

Neither of these techniques seem to work. I have deleted the default setting in the header assignment, cleared my cache, assigned it to a specific page and nothing seems to let me edit my header. It just defaults to my home page which has no header or footer and I get this useless message that does not work. I don’t want to change the template of my home page while I am editing the header, that would ruin my layout if anyone comes to my site while I am editing.

Hello @baddog,

Thanks for writing to us.

In order to help you with your concern, we need to check your settings. I would request you, please share your details in a secure note. Please provide the following details meanwhile you must troubleshoot common issue before we investigate your settings.

• WordPress Login URL
  • Admin level username and password
  • Exact Header Name

You can find the Secure Note button at the bottom of your posts

Thanks

I have reset the site back to its normal condition. All I want to do is be able to edit my header in the header builder interface without it defaulting to the splash/home page for editing.

I sent you credentials using the secure note feature

Hello @baddog,

I tried to access your site dashboard but the given login details are not working. Please recheck and send us again.

Thanks

try it now, please

Hello @baddog,

It seems that you were using the “No Header Template” for the page and the Header preview was not set just because it was not working for you. I have set the Header preview as Post for now. Please have a look at it.

Thanks

I am not following your explanation. I chose the main header , then I tried changing assignment to a single specific page. That did not work. I followed instructions from 2 different help documents on your site. Neither did what I expected them to do.

Yes, my first/home page (Front Page) uses a a no header template. Never did I see any mention of changing the header preview in the documentation on your site. Where is that documentation located, because I still do not know how this is all supposed to work.

You now have the assignment set to (all singular), which I have no idea what that means. The priority is set to Zero. Lowest number, highest priority.

But, why would I ever think to go into the preview section of the toolbar to change my view in the editor? I guess, because I never use the Preview Button for anything else, except to view the page I am working on in an actual browser window, live view.

Hello @baddog,

I checked your site it seems that the Custom Header is working fine on the other pages. Please note if you set the Header condition as “All Singular” it will show the custom Header to all the page and Post details page.

Now in case if you want to show the custom Header to the specific page only Please have a look at the Header condition screenshot below.

In case if it doesn’t work for you please let us know.

Thanks

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.