Setting a featured blog post to dispay in recent posts

Hi! I have two recent posts carousels on my site: http://kglobal-dev.com/nppc-hogs/. I’d like the second one to be more of a featured article and the top to be just the most recent posts. How can I do this (without making the featured article a portfolio item)?

Is there CSS code I can add to make the bottom featured post display something separate from the top? Or is there a category/tag or setting I can use? For instance, can I create a tag a user can apply to a blog post and have it automatically show up in the bottom row of the home page WITHOUT being stuck to the top of the blog page?

Thanks!

Hello There,

Thanks for writing in! The recent posts element will always display the latest post entries. To display a featured post, you must create a new “Featured Post” category and assign all those entries you want to display as featured. And then, you will have to edit the page and in the 2nd recent posts element, you will have to insert a category filter so that only posts assigned as Featured will be displayed.

Hope this make sense.