Set Section bg full width, but contain text

Hi,

how do Ie set the section background to display a colour, image, pattern as full width while keeping the text itself contained inline with the logo and menu in the navbar? This is easy in x-theme but is illuding me in Pro. I’ve just started building the site and don’t want to go to far before I get my head round the basic changes first.

mystickinout.co.uk.

Hi there,

Go to the Section and options under the Layout tab of the Cornerstone and expand the section to show the Row, then click on the Magnifying Glass icon of the Row to show the Row settings. There you will see an option to set it to be a Marginless without a container:

Then use the section options to add the necessary background you want.

Then add the Classic Text Element to the section and in the Inline CSS section add the code below:

max-width: 1000px; text-align: center;

Play with the 1000px value to make it perfectly align with your website logo.

Thank you.

Hi I am trying to do the exact same thing on a post in the Icon stack I want the top section to be full width and the rest of the post to stay as it is.
I have changed the settings exactly as above and it has had no effect I have also set the site to be full width in both:
X > Launch > Theme Options > Layout and Design > Content Layout: Full width.
and
Customizer > Blog > Layout

I also tried adding the css above to the element. What am I missing I have done many fullwidth sections before but something is funny with this one is it because it is a post and not a page?

I have included a link below and you’ll see I want the color around “rural commercial and Urban” to be full width and Ideally extend up to the top of the page.

Thanks again Chedy

Hey @Chedy,

This is not possible for post because you cannot use the Blank - No Container template which is only available for pages.

Posts use the Fullwidth template and that cannot be changed. The content is restrained within a container with the Site Width.

Thanks.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.