Set First Image as Featured Image

I recently migrated my blog site over to my website. I now have over 500 blog posts within my website. When you click the blog link on my site, you see the preview of each blog post in Masonry format, but no image. I’ve been researching for hours on how to automatically set the first image as the main image with zero luck. Some plugins with bad reviews, but nothing from X Theme. Is this something that’s just not possible? When I research support posts, I see posts that are three years old and newer but no resolution.

To have an image show as the preview, am I really going to have to go through 500 blog posts and set a featured image or is there any sort of CSS coding I can insert? Please help.

Hey @steffenharris,

Regretfully, you really need to assign a Featured Image to each of your posts in order to show an image in the index or blog page. You can do that using a plugin or a custom built script. We do not have such a script here though.

Thank you for understanding.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.