Server CPU Usage Pegged at 100% During Site Building

Hi, a client and I just purchased Pro, and noticed that when making changes to the content with what seems like a small number of elements, my server processes lock up to the point that it actually stops rendering the editing page (and forget about saving).

This is a shared hosting scenario, and I understand the “slow” limitations for heavy websites, but in this case here it seems like Pro is getting stuck due to it being slow, and not releasing resources correctly. There are no issues at all while browsing the site normally, it is only when editing content.

Do you have any ideas on how to work through this?

Hello @raceybe,

Thanks for asking. :slight_smile:

I request you to please take a look at following reply created by my colleague regarding shared hosting:

Thanks.

Hi, yes I have seen that one, but this isn’t a question of speed during regular rendering. This is only an issue during page building where the script appears to hit some limit and doesn’t handle it well. I have left it for up to 30 minutes for any outstanding tasks to complete, and they never complete.

Hi @raceybe,

Can you tell us where you’re hosted so we just have a general idea of what it offers? Please ask them also the request that could cause your CPU Usage to 100.

Let us know how it goes.

THanks.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.