Server and theme 'dialog'

I have been developing a client site on my backend in order that they can stay live and continue doing business. The client has purchased the final space on SiteGround and we are in final stages but still doing updates. It is a temporary URL since the DNS records are not updated. When I do updates preview does not work. Should I add the final ‘real’ url to my records now and can I do this without creating further issues? Here is a screenshot of my issue.

Thank you.

Hi,

You need to update your old url to new one in the database without corrupting your serialized data.

You can use this third party plugin to do that - https://wordpress.org/plugins/better-search-replace/

Thanks

The development site is the temporary url xkxpc.hosts.cx and the new one will be the anacorteskayaktours.com but the name server is not pointed there yet. I can work without preview. I just want to be sure the changes will carry over. In their world they say they will. Will they for Pro? Thank you! This is the only part of WordPress that I hate.

Hi There,

It’s better to do the search replace after the name server propagation.
It will work for pro too.

Thanks

Thank you. Best.

You’re welcome.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.