Sequel to Cornerstone for hiding content when editing is selected

I am still a beginner when it comes to design a homepage with WP and X. Nevertheless, all works fine so far apart the issue for which Joyce82 has already asked for support a month ago.
Using Cornerstone works superbly in terms of settings and so on. :slightly_smiling_face:
The content as well is shown reliably:
(Sorry, as a new member I am only allowed to show one picture. :cry: )

However, as soon as I choose EDIT, the content disappears.

I dared it once to save such a page.
This cleaned the content completely apart from the title:
Just two lines appeared under the title:
Classic
[cs_content][/cs_content][cs_content_seo][/cs_content_seo]

Christian answered Joyce82:

Regretfully, that is really the case as the WordPress Editor does not have a connection to Cornerstone. Please copy all the contents in a Word document then open up Cornerstone and insert a Text element. You can then paste your content in the Text element or insert each of the block of text into other elements like the Accordion element.

This solution is nice as a bypass, but not the appropriate measure to fix the issue completely since it has to carried out at each page.
I wonder, why WP editor has lost its connection to Cornerstone?
Is this issue related to the update to WP 5.5 which took place a couple of days after I had installed X and Cornerstone?
The block editor was much enhanced at this update. Might this have a general side effect to Cornerstone? :thinking:
It would be great, if there were a workaround I could deploy to reconnect Cornerstone to the WP editor.

Since the website hasn´t yet published, I am testing and developping it locally with XAMP running in the background.

Hi Andre,

Thanks for reaching out.

There’s no issue related to the latest version of WordPress and Cornerstone. The content you add in the default WordPress doesn’t have connection to Cornerstone builder. If you made your edits outside the Cornerstone Builder all the changes will not be save when you edit the page using the Cornerstone Builder.

So I advise you that when you are going to use the Cornerstone builder throughout all your pages, please make your changes inside the Cornerstone builder because that’s how the Cornerstone works.

Hope that helps.

Thank you.

Hi, Marc.
That´s a pity that content can´t be handled by WP and Cornerstone in parallel although WP allows the access to Cornerstone out of its page menu:
WP_selection_of_Cornerstone

Does it work vice versa, i.e. if content has been written by Cornerstone, can I made changes by using the WP editor? Or is it a sharp either / or?

Hi Andre,

It is still doesn’t work. When you edit the cornerstone content outside the builder, i.e. WordPress default editor, the changes you made will not be shown on the front-end, the only elements will be viewable in the front-end is the item you created inside the cornerstone builder.

Hope that helps.

Thank you.

Hello, Marc.

Given the case, I´d like to change once from X to any theme from a different source: Is the content - the pages and posts created under Cornerstone - editable, i.e. reusable, or am I set back to zero and have to restart entering the whole content?

Thank´s for your patience. :slight_smile:

Hello Andre,

Please be aware that when you create a page or post using Cornerstone, a cornerstone data which contains all the element settings are saved as a post meta of the page/post. As soon as you edit the page/post outside of Cornerstone, the changes will not be saved into this cornerstone data and it may even corrupt or remove the post meta indicating that Cornerstone is no longer the primary editor of the page/post. This is one of the reasons that as soon as you get back to edit the page/post in Cornerstone, the content is already empty and looks like you need to start from scratch again.

I´d like to change once from X to any theme from a different source: Is the content - the pages and posts created under Cornerstone - editable, i.e. reusable, or am I set back to zero and have to restart entering the whole content?

– Be advised that Cornerstone is a page builder. You can also use it to create your posts. once you created the page or post in Cornerstone, it is only editable in Cornerstone. You cannot use the default WP editor or any other page builder. If you do so, then it is best that you create the content from scratch.

If you want to create reusable content, it is best that you go to X > Global Blocks and create a custom block. you can use the custom block anywhere on your site. To learn more about the Global Blocks, check this out:

Hope this helps.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.