SEO without plugin

hello,

I don’t want to use SEO plugin.
Do tags take the place of search words or i need to define something else?

Hi there,

I am not sure what you mean about tags taking place os the search words. Our theme is designed the SEO common practices in mind when it comes to the generation of the HTML code.

But if you want to have specific control over extra meta tags and standards of the SEO world you WILL need to use a plugin for that such as the Yoast SEO.

Thank you.

Hi,

I am using already Yoast but i mean is:
In case i deactivate Yoast the post doesn;t show anymore a Keyword for SEO but only shows tags.
Is this enough? or there is a special arrangement i need to do within the PRO theme for keyword search?

Regards

Hi @tarekr,

I believe that it would be enough however It would be best that you will find or contact someone who is expert in SEO. I could not be able to suggest more regarding this are because this is beyond the scope of our support and experts regarding this area could help you more.

Thank you so much for understanding.

The issue is the PRO theme doesn’t supports the meta tags inside HTML text,
Normal wordpress editior supports the Meta Tags but yoour PRO editor doesn’t support. why?

My website is becoming a mess between editing posts in PRO and others in normal wordpress editors.

I am not asking you to teach about SEO because i am expert enough in this. However, there is a weakness in Yoast Plugin and it is not giving the result i want.

Hello there,

Regretfully, you can’t add meta tags on Cornerstone builder as its main function is to build websites. Also, Yoast plugin can already handle the SEO functionality for you. Adding meta tags in Wordpress editor isn’t a best practice as your meta tags will surely be displayed between the <body /> tag instead of the <head /> tag if you check via Inspect Element.

For now, I suggest you add meta tags into the functions.php of your Pro child theme. You can check the sample code below:

/**
 * Add meta to head
 *
 * Read more {@link https://codex.wordpress.org/Plugin_API/Action_Reference/wp_head} 
 * @version Wordpress 4.8
 */
function wpcstm_add_meta_tags() 
{
    echo "<meta http-equiv=\"X-UA-Compatible\" content=\"IE=edge\"/> \n";
    echo "<meta http-equiv=\"X-UA-Compatible\" content=\"IE=edge\"/> \n";
} 
add_action( 'wp_head', 'wpcstm_add_meta_tags' );

Please change each of the meta tags with your own.

I’m curious what feature you’re looking in Yoast. Can you share to us what you’re trying to acheive here? Just to let you know that this is outside of our scope but we can point you to the direction you need.

Hope this helps. Thank you.

1 Like

thx for your help

You’re most welcome.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.