Self hosted video not playing when logged out

Hi,

When I’m logged in the selfhosted video’s are playing fine. However when I log out they don’t play. Video playbar, etc, are all missing. When I select the video link and open it in another tab the video plays fine…

Hello @Marco,

Thanks for writing to us.

To help you with your concerns we need to check your settings, I would request please share the admin login details meanwhile I would suggest you troubleshoot a few of the common issues before we investigate your settings. Please share your details in a secure note. Please provide the following details

• WordPress Login URL
  • Admin-level username and password

You can find the Secure Note button at the bottom of your posts

Thanks

Hi, See login details in secure note.

Hello @Marco,

It seems that there is a cache issue I went ahead and purged all the cache from the Autoptimize & WP Fastest Cache plugins and then rechecked the given page URL on the private mode of the browser and it is working fine on my end. I would suggest you please purge all the cache temporarily deactivate the cache and recheck it.

Thanks

Hi, strange. Cleared all the cache. Disabled the cache plugins and enabled them again but still the same problem. When logged in it works fine. When logged out it is still not working. Also tried incognito mode.

What else to do?

Hey Marco,

Please provide the absolute path of your video file.

• See the link in the secure note below.

Thanks.

Hi,

It seems something with the Fastest Cache Premium. Had to disable and activate it twice and it seems to have fixed the problem now.

Thx for the support! Have a nice day.

You are most welcome @Marco

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.