Sections of a page and their Elements have disappeared

Hi!

At some point in the past week, our About Us page seems to have lost some of the elements we put there. When I try to edit the page in Cornerstone, I can see no sections or elements on the page at all - it’s just blank. When I use the WordPress editor to look at what’s on the page, I can see a bunch of Cornerstone related stuff there so it seems the code is still present but just not recognized by Cornerstone maybe? The page is http://rossdd.org/about-us. I can send you credentials to log on in an encrypted email if you’d like.

Thanks!
George Myers

Hi George,

Have you done some edits of the page outside Cornerstone? If so, this usually breaks the Cornerstone serialize data which is why it shows blank when you try to open it in Cornerstone again.

You will have to recreate the page in Cornerstone if you do not have a backup.

I have made no edits anywhere else other than Cornerstone. I have three other editors who also say they haven’t done this - I would appreciate knowing if there is a way for me to verify those claims though.

Hi George,

Aside from editing outside Cornerstone, it might also happen if something happens on the content directly on the database. Can you confirm if database content is not edited? Please also share us credentials inside a secure note so we can check the errors directly. Thank you.

Happy to do this - what email should I use for the account?

Hi there,

You use any temporary email as the user email.

We just need the details and kindly post it in a Secure Note which is the lock icon that is below your response.

Thank you.

I ended up just recreating this page so we can consider this a closed case!

Thank you.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.