Sections not showing up in Cornerstone preview

When I go to edit any page in Cornerstone, I’m not able to see any of the sections that are created. When I hover in the inspect layout sidebar, I see a tag show up in preview called “Section 1” in the top left corner of the preview.

I’m trying to edit the content in the white area “Beyond Real Estate” on the homepage: http://wilksrb.wpengine.com/

I created this content with Cornerstone, but now a few weeks later I’m not able to see it in Cornerstone preview.

Hello There,

Thanks for writing in! Cornerstone contents does not display in the preview because you are using a custom page template. You may use the skeleton mode when editing for faster response and easy access of all the elements in the preview area.

If you would want to see it in the preview, you will need to change the page template. You can switch it back afterwards you have edited the page.

Please let us know how it goes.

Thanks @RueNel, however this is not a custom template issue as this is also an issue with pages that use the “Default Template”. I’ve deactivated all other plugins to see if it was a plugin conflict, but the issue is still there.

I need this resolved as the client is adding content this weekend.

See Test Page for example of page that isn’t using custom template:

https://wilksrb.wpengine.com/wilks/#/content/709/layout

Hi There,

Could you please enable WP_DEBUG on your wp-config.php file, so that we can look into this issue further.

Change the line as follows to enable.
define('WP_DEBUG', true);

Let us know once done.
Thanks!

I actually just fixed it! I was applying “the_content” filter to custom content generated by a wysiwyg further down the page so Cornerstone was recognizing that as the main content area. This is what I had before:

<?php echo apply_filters( 'the_content', cooper_option('contact_sidebar') ); ?>

I simply removed the filter:

<?php echo cooper_option('contact_sidebar'); ?>

Thanks for your quick responses and willingness to help!

Glad to hear you got it sorted.

Cheers!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.