Section Overlap One on Top

Hello!

I am attemptin to create something like this: http://preview.themeforest.net/item/rustic-state-wordpress-theme/full_screen_preview/19491344

I would like to have section 2 overlap section 1, but when I try to do this it is hidden beneath the background of section 1. Is there a way to designate section to as “on top”?

Thanks

Hi Cassidy,

Thanks for reaching out!

To achieve an overlapping two sections and to make the second section be on the top of the first section. All you need to do is add a bigger z-index value in your second section.

Hope that helps.

Thank you

It does help! But is there a way to keep the background behind? I can’t make it transparent or my colored background shows :confused:

This is what it looks like now, for reference

I want to get rid of the tan under the header image.

Hey Cassidy,

Do you want it to look like this?

If this is the case, please do the following:
1.) Remove the -6em top margin in your section
2.) Add a white background color to the section
3.) Apply the -6em top margin to the row settings instead.

If this is NOT helping, provide us access to your site so that we can check your settings. Please create a secure note with the following info:
– Link to your site
– WP login URL
– WP username
– WP password
– WP Administrator Role
- Confirmation that we can access and make changes to your site

To know how to create a secure note, please check this out: How The Forum Works

Regards.

Thank you! That worked perfectly.

Hi Cassidy,

You’re welcome and it’s our pleasure to help you! If you have any other concerns or clarifications regarding our theme features, feel free to open up a new thread.

Thank you.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.