Section Anchors slightly off

Hey guys, I’m just wondering why my section anchors are slightly off. Please see the menu at top right of page and notice that all section anchors work fine except for Join section is slightly off when anchored to. Also… the “Join Us” links on the backs of the cards in the Join section are even worse. They anchor to the Contact section but they are noticeably off when anchored to.

I do have smooth scroll plugin installed… I don’t know if that could be a culprit.

Thanks

Hello There,

Thank for writing in! The anchors is displaying correctly. It may look a little bit off because of the section separators. I also noticed that there are two sections with the same “Music” ID. This would create a conflict because an ID must be unique.

The page itself is heavy. It crashed my browser. Please limit the elements on the page like big image resolution or videos. Heavy pages could potentially lead to slow loading of the page.

Please check your site again.

Ok thanks a lot for pointing that out, I fixed the duplicate ID’s. And sorry about the heavy page, and for crashing your browser! It must be REAL heavy. I was saving all that for last, making things light and optimizing for speed because I know nothing about it yet. I’m going to start on that today though… thanks.

As for the problem, it still persists. I’ve included 2 screenshots so you can see the anchor position when I click on “Contact” from the menu vs. when I click the contact links from the cards…

Could this be a hosting issue again? I’m really starting to wonder if my host has been causing me some of these problems. I’m starting to consider switching hosts as some of the other support people have recommended. I purge all cache and put the setting to 0 but it never seems to make a difference.

Hi There,

You could try testing for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third-party plugins, and see if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.

Let us know how it goes,
Cheers!

Ok, I just tried it on my phone and the anchors work fine so… I’m sure it’s fine. If it appears when I publish then I will check the plugins.

Thanks for the help.

Hi There,

You’re always welcome. Glad this is now sorted out.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.