Second Header Appearing in Pro

Hi,
Today after updating Pro one of the headers on our website is rendering twice.

Hi @brianjohnsondesign,

Thanks for writing in.

Please share us a screenshot of the problem because I could not be able to see it in your setup.

Aside from that, I could see that there is a lot of script warning showing. Please try to test for plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third party plugins, and seeing if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks.

Here is a screenshot:

Hello There,

I have inspected the page and I can see the bars which were hidden with css. These headers did no render twice. It was made created along with the other bars. You may have missed one of them because several of the bars were hidden or only shown in different screen sizes. My advise is to edit your header and delete these bars if any of these are no longer needed.

Hope this helps.

Hello,

When I go into the header builder and comment out the css code that hides them, the bars show up but are not editable so I am not able to delete them.

Additionally, I only just now realized that a second, messed-up footer is also displaying. We currently don’t have it hidden but won’t want it displaying like this long.

You can compare it with the wayback machine archive from a couple weeks ago which shows how it used to look:

I believe this is solved.

It ended up being a plugin conflict with an old plugin called “Show Template” by Matt Martz. It was a plugin that would track which template the theme chose for the current page and displayed it in the code. I’m not sure exactly what the problem was with it, but evidently it broke the site in some subtle/odd ways.

My guess is that it doesn’t like the way X/Pro queue up headers, footers, and page templates dynamically.

Anyway, thanks for your help! It’s all working now.

Glad to hear that, Have a nice day! :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.