Search, tag and archive functions not working after updates

Hi, I’m having some issues after updating WP, X, and Cornerstone. The search function and tags and archives are not showing results, and the search icon in the nav bar doesn’t open the search field at all. I’ve tried disabling all plugins and changing from child to X theme. Can you help?
site:http://savethepostoffice.com/
WP version: 5.6
X version: 8.0.10
Cornerstone: 5.0.10

I switched to the Twenty Twenty theme and the problems did not occur, so this appears to be an X theme related issue or perhaps something in the CSS. Thanks for any suggestions.

Hi @Hudsonpilot,

Thanks for reaching out.

Since you are done with the basic troubleshooting procedure and the issue still persists. We need to check your WordPress admin, please give us the following information in a Secure Note.

• WordPress Login URL
  • Admin level username and password

You can find the Secure Note button at the bottom of your posts.

Thank you.

I see another issue too. The inline images in the first post are only visible when logged in as admin. For other users, it’s just white space.

These inline images are not showing even in 20-20 theme, so that aspect of the problem is probably a plugin conflict.

Hello @Hudsonpilot,

I have checked your homepage and there are JS errors on the page. It could also be caused by a plugin conflict, amongst other things. Please check out this troubleshooting article here and follow the instructions for the following sections (where appropriate):

Testing for Plugin Conflict
CSS/JS Customization
Disabling Cache Plugins
Disabling CDN

If nothing is working, please re-install the X theme and Cornerstone plugin manually.

Kindly let us know how it goes.

Thanks for the suggestions. I ended up restoring a version of the site from a few days ago, before these issues arose, and was able to track down the problem. There was apparently a plugin conflict with the Siteground Optimizer, its update or its JS settings. Still haven’t resolved this, but X and Cornerstone are working fine. Thanks again. Happy holidays.

You are most welcome and Merry Christmas!!!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.