Running js in my site

Hi,
I’ve tried following other support entries to get a slider bar running.

I uploaded and activated a x-child theme following instructions.

I loaded my .js file in functions.php of the child theme:

add_action('wp_footer','custom_footer_script');
function custom_footer_script() { ?>
<script src="http://-site-/wp-content/myjs/ion.rangeSlider.js" type="text/javascript"></script>
<?php	
}

I did not load jQuery, since it comes with X theme

In x-theme custom javascript I added:

jQuery(function($){
          $("#example_id").ionRangeSlider();
        });
    });

In my page, I added a classic raw content and entered:

<input type="text" id="example_id" name="example_name" value="" />

However, I can’t get the slider in the page to show.
I know you can’t review external .js files, but do my steps and code appear right to you?

Thanks in advance!

Hi there,

Thanks for writing in! To assist you with this issue, we’ll first need you to provide us with your URL. This is to ensure that we can provide you with a tailored answer to your situation. Once you have provided us with your URL, we will be happy to assist you with everything.

Thank you.

It’s here: http://houseleap.com/home/

Hey There,

Please change your custom JS from:

jQuery(function($){
          $("#example_id").ionRangeSlider();
        });
    });

To:

jQuery(function($){
	$("#example_id").ionRangeSlider();
});

Thanks! That made it work.

Glad to hear it.

Cheers!